Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Meme

Ok, I found this meme over at Carrie’s blog. If you decide to play along, let me know so I can come see your answers.

1. My roommate and I once: set off for a trip to Italy while we were living in Germany, we met some girls on the train and wound up in Berlin for two weeks. We never made it to the boot.
2. Never in my life have I: surfed in Bali. Man, I really want to do that before I get to old to spring up on a board.
3. The one person who can drive me nuts, but then can always manage to make me smile is: My son.
4. High school was: a blur of different schools with the same stupid cliques and keggers after every game.
5. When I'm nervous: I get mad or at the very least edgy. I guess it’s some stupid self-defense mechanism.
6. The last time I cried was: from sadness I would have to say while I was comforting my son over the death of his hamster. Though, I must note that the accidental inhalation of chlorine will get the tears a flowin’.
7. If I were to get married right now, my bridesmaids/groomsmen would be: confused as I am already happily married.
8. Would you rather run naked through a crowded place or have someone e-mail your deepest secret to all your friends? I have no problems being naked. So, this is a no brainer.
9. My hair: is already becoming salt and peppered.
10. When I was 5: I had a denim leisure suit that my mom made for me.
11. Last Christmas: Santa was naughty.
12. When I turn my head left: I see my fish tank.
13. I should be: working on my next novel.
14. When I look down I see: my fingers?
15. The craziest recent event was: my near death experience while tending to my spa.
16. If I were a character on "Friends" I'd be: Joey…How YOU doin’?
17. By this time next year: I can’t see that far into the future right now. There are way too many variables.
18. My favorite aunt is: none, I have a huge family and I love them all.
19. I have a hard time understanding: how the individual can be so smart but the masses are so ignorant.
20. One time at a family gathering: me and my cousins had a impromptu battle with Saturn missiles and bottle rockets. It ended ugly…and upbruptly.
21. You know I like you if: my tail wags.
22. If I won an award, the first person (people) I'd thank: all the people that made it possible. You love me…you really really love me.
23. Take my advice: the oxen moves slow but the earth is patient.
24. My ideal breakfast is: a Goodman Omelet.
25. If you visit my home town: How long do you have to live in one place before it becomes your hometown?
26. Sometime soon I plan to visit: Cozumel (once they finish rebuilding).
27. If you spend the night at my house: don’t hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself.
28. I'd stop my wedding if: Too late, that knots been tied for a while.
29. The world could do without: bigots and other close-minded individuals.
30. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: suffer idiots who pretend to know what they do not.
31. The most recent thing I've bought myself is: Scarface Limited Edition Die Cast Collectible 1963 Cadillac Series 62. Yeah…I’m a dork. What of it?
32. The most recent thing someone else bought for me is: a really cool new shirt.
33. My favorite blonde is: my wife.
34. My favorite brunette is: Sabrina Ferilli
35. My car must have a sign on it that reads: “New England Patriots”
36. The last time I was drunk: it took me several days to recover from it.
37. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds: dragons or pigs, just because of the possible backlash.
38. I shouldn't have been: so rambunctious in my younger days.
39. Have you ever shaved your head? Yep, when I was in the Army.
40. Last night I: watched by far the dumbest zombie movie…ever.
41. There's this girl I know who: steal my breath with a glance.
42. I don't know: how I survived my twenties.
43. A better name for me would be: Moonbeam.
44. If I ever go back to school I'll: take it all the way to PHd.
45. How many days until my birthday?: it’s too early for this question. I was born on December 19th…you do the math, lol.
46. One dead celebrity I wish I'd met is: Dean Martin. How lucky can one guy be?
47. I've lived at my current address since: June 2001
48. I've been told I look like: Mike Hampton.
49. If I could have any car, it would be: convertible Jaguar XJ series.
50. If I got a new cat tomorrow, I would name it: Bane as my son is allergic to cats, he would be this to his existence.

12 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger lime said...

Dr. Moonbeam and the denim leisure suit. Title of a bad zombie flick or name of a rock band?

fun meme!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, it could go either way, but my tendency would have to lean towards the bad zombie flick.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger lime said...

Ok, what sort of marketting potential do we have for 'Dr. moonbeam and the denim leisure suit?'

who do we see as the stars of this next monster summer blockbuster? I think steve buscemi needs to be involved here. his strange looks and the wood chipper scene from fargo convince me.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, absolutely. Perhas we can get Bruce Campbell as the ambiguous protag: "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Oh, and it must have Samuel L. Jackson in it. I also feel strongly about it having Jessica Alba, Shannon Elizabeth and quite possible Liv Tyler in it as well. Oh, and we can't forget Matthew Mcouneghey (there's no way I spelled that right, but you know who I mean.)

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Awwww...a denim suit--how adorable! I love your mom's handy work. I've been over to visit her when she's cross-stitching, which is something I have done too. She's so talented and has more patience than me with that sort of thing.

Okay, I'll play along--watch out for my responses to this meme!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, that she is. I'll stop by and check your answers out.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Logophile said...

I have to tell you, there are several frightening answers in this meme.
Between your affection for the undead and your demin leisure suit, I am not entirely sure these are safe shores.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, that's a good point, but for the record I wouldn't unleash an Army of the dead here. I do have a few choice locations picked out though. :D

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

What's in a Goodman Omelet?

When I went to Cozumel back in April, they were coming along nicely. It will be at least 10 years before the trees will be back but the water and beaches were fine and I can't forget the people...finest people on earth.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, yeah...they were so friendly. I can't wait to get back there.

A Goodman Omelet is a monstrous concoction. With bacon, sausage, ham, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, swiss cheese, velvetta and various spices. Oh, man...my mouth's watering just typing it. :D

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Autumn said...

Nice meme..I did this one also

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, I'll come check out your answers.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.