Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, August 07, 2006

And the Winner Is...

Michelle (of House of Lime fame) has officially won the drawing for a copy of , Anonymous Lawyer. Michelle, if you would be so kind as to send me an email with your address, I will pass it along to the publisher and your book will arrive shortly.

There were so many entries, I felt bad picking just one winner, so in an unheard of act of kindness, I decided to give away my copy of the book as well. I reached back into the bowl and the second winner is, Linda Goodman. Yes, you may have noticed the last name similarity and yes, this person is kin to me. In fact, she’s my mom. Before you go shouting that the game is rigged, it’s not, I almost put her name aside and drew again for fear of being charged with favoritism, but then I realized that wouldn’t be fair to her either. So, there you go.

Thanks for playing.

On a side note, today is my 5th wedding anniversary. I was going to do an entire post dedicated to telling the world how I love her now as much as the day we were married and how she is my world, my voice, my sanity, etc. It’s all been done before. Instead, I’ve decided to follow some of the best advice I’ve received since starting my writing career: Show don’t tell.

I took the day off and I’ve spent nearly every second of our three day weekend, showing her how much she means to me. I love her and I aim to make sure she never forgets what gaining my love means for her.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

20 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Congrats ladies ! Ahhh James you are such a smart man . Showing instead of professing to the world . Happy 5th Anniversary !

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

James, you are so sweet! What a lucky lady you have. Congrats!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

What? I missed yet another contest?

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Congratulations James, and congrats Michelle!

I think I missed this too, Dana. Must have come up when I was overseas and then recovering from being overseas...

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Happy 5th Anniversary....and many more to come!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eat cake! Well, buy a cake first, then eat it. Cake is great for celebrating any occasion, I think. Actually, I believe I am just craving cake right now. So eat some for me, okay?

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, everyone.

Sorry for no post today and no individual responses, but I find myself a little covered over at work today. I hope to be back on track by the end of the week.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

Happy anniversary. Sounds like your wife is one lucky lady. Hope y'all have at least fifty more just as happy.

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous used car tucson az said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Zinnia said...

A very happy 5th wedding anniversary to you! May you have many more lovely years together.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Oh flippin' 'eck, James! You've made me cry AGAIN!

Hope your weekend was tops, mate.

:O)

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

You're slacking! New post already!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Where is James?

Geesh, I hope this is just one very loooooooonnnnnng celebration and that all is well!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks for the kind words.

I live...barely (yes, I'm exagerating a bit). Nearly had myself a full-blown Darwin Award winning moment. How ironic would that be?

Between recovering and a tremendous amount of work that was dumped in my lap, I haven't had much time. Sorry, I haven't been by to visit any of your blogs. I hope to be back in full swing next week.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

Hope you'll be posting about the Darwin effort.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...

Happy belated anniversary to both of you!

I just shook my Magic 8 Ball and it looks like if you continue to "show" rather than "tell," you'll make it well past your 50th!

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Southern, I most definately post about the account, possibly on my regular Dar-Wednesday. :D

Bonnie, thank you and lol, on the Magic 8 Ball. Thank you for stopping by. :D

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger lime said...

i just got home from (8/13) the drive thru the valley of the shadow of death. wow! what awesome news! i'm so excited! email to follow. congrats to your mom too. yippee!

and a belated happy anniversary. may the two of you have many more years of happiness and love. should i assume by the lack of posting the celebration continues (hehehe)

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. Welcome home. :D

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.