Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

9 Years Ago Today

Nine years ago today, I woke to blood splattered sheets. Nine years ago today, I hopped in the back of an ambulance and rushed to St. Francis Hospital. Nine years ago today, I held a woman’s hand as she struggled to figure out what was happening. I assured her everything was going to be alright, but inside I was scared to death...for so many reasons Nine years ago today, I brushed away crusted hair as I gazed into the eyes that would change my life forever. When those eyes opened and looked into mine, a bond was formed that words alone can’t describe. Nine years ago today, my son was born.

Happy Birthday Tyler. I love you and I thank you for the life you’ve given me.

20 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

ARGH!

Crying AGAIN!

You beast!

:o)

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, sorry for the tears, M.E.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Dear Guy...

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

thank you, Bernita

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger EA Monroe said...

Kids! Aren't they the greatest? My son has taught me a lot.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, they are, EA. I can't imagine getting the knowledge/morality/patience/compassion (take your pick of these or a dozen other attributes I held in short supply before his arrival) I have now with out his influence.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Aw, my oldest nephew is Tyler, too.

He was such a hyper little guy, but then he rocked school and now he wants to be a radiologist.

Could I be a prouder aunt? Uh, no.

I'm sure you feel the same.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

That's fantastic, Robin. And yes, I'm awefully proud of my son. :D

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

AWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwww.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Logophile said...

Man, what a moment, I know exactly what you mean.
It is what keeps me from commit heinous acts of bungee cord abuse on those OTHER moments.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!!!!

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, logo you've captured it exactly.

Thanks Dana and Jerry.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TY!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, I'll be sure to let him read this, cuz. :D

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

That is so sweet. I love how you can express yourself so freely.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Carrie.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...

Happy belated b-day to Tyler, too, and you're a good dad, James!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Bonnie.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger barefoot_mistress said...

Oh James, that is so sweet.
I didnt know you were a parent, but surely this was meant to be!

XX

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Barefoot. He is my pride and joy.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.