Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rock On!

I watched the first episode of Rockstar: Supernova last night. They had some mighty fine talent on the stage for the season episode and they also had a few who left you wondering how they made into the final fifteen.

Basically, this is a reality show where the winner becomes the lead singer of rock band filled with legendary rockers, Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, and Gilby Clarke.

Fifteen singers braved the stage tonight. Here’s the lineup:

Chris Pierson
Dana Andrews
Dilana
Jenny Galt
Jill Gioia
Josh Logan
Lukas Rossi
Magni
Matt Hoffer
Patrice Pike
Phil Ritchie
Ryan Star
Storm Large
Toby Rand
Zayra Alvarez

After the performance tonight, everyone gets a chance to vote. One of the bottom three singers will get the boot.

I’m thinking either Phil, Chris, or Matt will not have a repeat performance (you know other than their one last chance to prove themselves). Song selection is so important when you potentially only have one song with which to wow the audience. I’m sure these guys have talent or they wouldn’t be there, but the songs they tried to sing made them sound absolutely horrid.

The top three performers for me on this episode were: Dana, Storm, and Josh. My, oh my great voices, great stage presence and all around great performance.

I can’t wait to see the next show. Yes, my wife actually found a reality show I could get addicted to. Resistance is futile.

9 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Your cousin watched it too, eyes wide open. But don't tell anyone in the fam he's watching it because it might embarass him. You know how he is, allhorror and gore and stuff. Men like Jim have no 'real' time for reality TV. Ha! Ha!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger snavy said...

LOL!! I am so into the dance shows. Other than that I really can't stand reality shows.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

leslie, his secret is semi-safe with me. :D 'cause you know I'm gonna give him a hard time about it next time I see him.

Snavy, yeah as a general rule, I hate the whole "reality" craze, but this show definately caught my attention. It's no "Lost", but Imma gonna watch it. :D

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

I think these reality shows are pretty unrealistic.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, yeah, but reality-ish show just isn't as catchy.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger lime said...

i will admit to enjoying this season of american idol and watching the dance show on occasion. otherwise, nada.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Lime...so, no Rockstar for you then. :D

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger lime said...

lol, i didn't know 'rockstar' even existed

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.