Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, July 07, 2006

A Muse Me

Well, my creative juices seem to be in full flow this week. I just completed a fairly major re-write of Darkness on the Plains to tighten up the plot and remove a character role completely. The change allowed me to justify the existence of an earlier character that as written, wound up as a bit of a loose end. A friend (who happens to be an excellent Beta Reader, btw) was instrumental in coming up with the idea for the re-write.

I’m also put the finishing touches on, The New Kid for Spinetingler Magazine. I should have it ready to send out by, COB today.

I’ve knocked out another chapter for, Hell A, and have just about talked myself into changing the name. There seems to be a lot of confusion with this title and quite frankly, it may be a little easier to market if I can come up with something a little catchier.

With all of the spare time the above left me, I managed to work out an outline for a new horror short story, Esprit de Corps. I’ve decided to take my first stab at writing a zombie story and as the name suggests, the U.S. Army Rangers will be involved. How, you ask? I guess you will just have to wait and see…

Anyhoo, I would love to stay and chat, but that muse, she be a callin’.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

15 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger lime said...

*blushes* thanks for such a kind compliment, james. i'm excited about the rewrite! you've been busy indeed! and you're as big a tease as ever! have a great week, catch you in a few days:)

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

You write horror? Excellent! I'll be keeping my eye out for you then!

:o)

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Lime. Catch you in a few.

Yes, ME, I am a horror writer. In addition to to the story coming out in Spinetingler, I have another horror short in a Halloween anthology due out in September and a horror novella, due out December 1st, (but the publisher of the novella has had to push the release back several times for various reasons, so we'll see when we get closer to December.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

As soon as your military zombie sping-stingling story is out, you should give Jim a copy. He loves that sort of stuff!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

most def, I'll let you guys know when the next story is released. :D

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Glad to hear you're being so productive! Unlike me...

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, yeah but you are distracted by scantily clad women, country music and men riding two ton beasts...

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Bernita said...

"Dithapline," she lisped, "James got dithapline."
The Rangers/ zombies story sounds great.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, my lisping friend. Not so much dithapline as much as taking advantage of a rare lull in my summer fun.

stupid shoulder injury...

I'll post a snippet of the zombie mayhem once it's complete.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

So glad to have a fellow horror writer on a blog. Everyone either does rudies or romance!

:o)

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ditto, M.E. Nothing wrong with the other genres, but my first love has always been horror. :D

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Mine was romance until I realised I sucked at it. I wrote a short, twisted horror for my crit group and I kind of liked it, found it easy to do, so here we are now!

:o)

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

right on, I'm glad you made the transisiton. :D

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, before I forget, lovely site you might want to check out is http://www.storytellersunplugged.com/ Storytellers Unplugged. It is a collaborative effort of 30 fantastic people from the horror side of the biz. It is a very good source of information and just a good resource all around.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Phillips portable dvd player Epson complete guide to digital printing revised

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.