Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Movie Review: UltraViolet

UltraViolet is a movie about a virus that produces vampire like qualities. Viewing of this movie left us with a house divided. I thought it was decent, if not a little campy, but my wife couldn’t wait for it to end. I had to physically restrain her from smashing it beneath her heels when we took it out of the DVD player.

Here’s the synopsis:

Set in the late 21st century, a subculture of humans has emerged with a genetic mutation causing enhanced speed, incredible stamina and acute intelligence. As more people are infected and the government becomes increasingly terrified of their growing power, those with the mutation are treated as outcasts, subjected to terrifying tests and put into quarantine. The government sets out to destroy them, but one woman is determined that that doesn't happen: ultra-beautiful, ultra-lethal Violet. With eyepopping martial arts skills and chameleon-like abilities, Violet becomes a rogue warrior bent on protecting her new race--and seeking revenge on those who created it.


I’m glad I didn’t watch it in theaters, but if there’s nothing else on T.V., it’s better than nothing.


Rating: 3 Star.

12 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger lime said...

sounds x-men-esque in its premise. the chick is cute but i'll watch hugh jackman instead. hehehehe.

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

You left us hanging.
What about it did your wife not like?

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, Lime. I guess it was a little X-menish, but without your yummy Hugh.

Bernita, sadly I could get her to elaborate other than, "this is the stupid, I feel dumber for having watched it."

No actual details profered though...

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger snavy said...

I'm gonna keep it on my netflix list. See for myself.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

You should, Snavy. Let me know what you thought of it.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger lime said...

giggling at your wife's comment. the IQ lowering properties of a film have a magnified effect when discussed in depth. i'm sure you'd like you wife's intellect to remain intact. she was just protecting herself. though i can't substantiate her claims since i haven't actually watched the movie. heheheh

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, I dunno...I watched it And My int...inta...inte...my smarts be just dandy. :D

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger lime said...

again, it's only theoretical *coughbullshitcouch* knowlegde i'm spouting, but sometimes there are gender based differences in responses to various stimuli.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, yep I'll agree with that (the gender differences) whole heartedly.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

I had a headache watching it.

One question - the kid who played the kid in this movie...why does he always play the freakie/mutated/messed up kid role? Like in X-men 3, Birth, etc....

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.