Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, July 31, 2006

A Moment Of Silence

Yes, I mourn for a significant number of brain cells that perished this weekend. They will be missed. I need a moment of silence, not so much out of respect for the fallen, but because my head is killing me.

My son spent the weekend with one of his grandparents, which gave us an unexpected weekend to play alone. You may or may not remember Conestoga came to town this last weekend. Friday, we had full intentions of attending the opening ceremonies, but we wound up partying like rock stars hanging out with some raving lunatics friends and didn’t set foot in the conference. No harm, we made it out Saturday, though we did so still feeling a little out of sorts from the previous night’s debauchery. Wouldn’t you know it, there was a bar at the con. What better way to cure a hangover than a little hair of the dog. Yeah, we drank, played, acted like idgets and stayed up to the wee hours of the next day.

Sadly, most of that time wasn’t spent at the con. We were only there for a few hours, long enough to see a few friends, the art room and of course, the dealer room. Then it was off for a night of revelry and making fun of the odd taxi driver between destinations.

It’s odd that I still feel like a train wreck this morning. I suppose when you don’t drink very often, over doing it really takes its toll. My brain is seriously missing the lost brain cells, so I will close for now and let it rest. I should be back to my abnormal normal self tomorrow.

How was your weekend?

13 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger lime said...

pssst...james, i hate to tell you...age contributes too. sucks, doesn't it? saturday i vegetated for a while and took my son to see 'monster house' we both agreed that was a colossal waste of time. not good enough top hold a ten year old's interest and ppossibly too scary for the younger set. wait for the video is the verdict. sunday we spent by a friend's pool and then i took my daughter to see 'you, me & dupree.' i expected that to be a moronic waste of time but was pleasantly surprised. owen wilson was quite funny. the others were a cardboard cutout backdrop for his antics but his antics were pretty good. not half bad.

hope your head feels better soon. i promise not to clang pots or turn on bright lights.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, yeah...I wasn't going to mention the whole age thing. :D

Hmmm...yep, I'll make Monster House a rental. Thanks for the tip.

I'm actually looking forward to You, Me and Dupree. I'm a fan of Owen Wilson.

I appreciate the lack of banging and bright lights. :D

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Trying to party like it's 1999? I know better. I was in bed both Friday and Saturday night by 10pm.

Weekend was typical. Oh how I want to see You, Me and Dupree. I love silly movies.

Hope you get to feeling better.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, That's my normal weekend bedtime. I think I need to keep it that way. First it was the Christmas party, now this. Next thing you know, I'll be gettting tanked 3 or 4 times a year. :D

I love silly movies too.

Thanks for the well wishes.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Oh, when you don't drink often, it hits you a lot harder!

Believe me!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger snavy said...

Sounds fun!!

I took a line-drive to the left temple yesterday - good stuff - NOT!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

That's right...you just went through something very similar, didn't you, Sandra? :D

OMG, Snavy! Are you okay? Do we get to call you knothead now? :D Seriously though, what happened?

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

I personally have never had a hangover because I have never been much of a drinker and after reading this I am glad of it ! LOL! I hope you feel better soon and I hope you all had a gooooooood time!

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Sounds like fun. Too bad I can only have the occasional glass of red wine in my pregnant state, not that I drank all the time anyway. It is nice to sit back and enjoy a few every once in a while though.

My weekend was okay... Dad was here, did some tripping to Galveston and Houston, went to church, moved our computer desks to the dining room to make the spare room a baby's room, did my big-ass grocery shopping trip, came home and made a big-ass salad and a big-ass fresh fruit salad, sat on my ass from exhaustion, etc.--You know, typical domestic weekend life sorts of things.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I'm glad you never had to experience that either, Breazy. :D

It sounds like a good way to spend the weekend, Cuz. :D

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

LOL @ abnormal self.

:o)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

That's me. :D

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous used car west hartford said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my used car west hartford site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.