Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I'm A Rambling Man

It looks like my shoulder is definitely on the mend. I returned to my karate classes this week with only minor protests from the injured area. I also managed to sneak in a little wakeboarding and was able to overcome what little pain that gave me with a couple of Advil. I’m not 100% yet, but it looks promising.

They finally repaired my boat this week. I went by the shop, picked it up and unloaded it at the house. This seems like a relatively mild task, but as it hasn’t been under 100 degrees F this week, by the time I was finished getting it stowed, secured and covered, I had quite the sweat going. Of course, it was nothing a little AC wouldn’t fix. Alas, I unlocked the house and went inside to find it a balmy 90+ degrees (my thermostat only reads to 90 and it was pegged). Yep, my AC died during the hottest part of the year. Luckily, it turned out to be a problem I could fix myself, so by midnight the house was back to a chilly 65 degrees.

It looks like I’ve sold my Sea Doo to one of the guys that works for me. He wanted one and I had a logistical problem with towing both the boat and the Sea Doo, so it works out well for both of us. I’m going to use the money from the sell to buy a new wakeboard tower and some racks for my boat. I think we’re finally ready to take it to the next level in our wakeboarding antics. Yep, I’m just itching to try some mega aerial tricks.

My mother’s birthday is tomorrow (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!!). We are heading to her (new) house later today to celebrate. She just bought a new home (quite literally as she signed the papers last week) and is just tickled pink with it. I can’t blame her, it’s a great house. It even came with a garden that was already baring tons of tomatoes, onions and various other veggie type goodness.

On the writing front, I’ve finally managed to finish another chapter for Hell A (yeah, I haven’t come up with the new title yet). This chapter was kicking my rear. I knew what I wanted to accomplish with it, but everything I wrote just read like crap, or dragged or yeah I erased tons of drivel over the last week or so. I feel pretty good about it now though. Hopefully the next chapter will flow a little smoother. I have a couple of other writing projects going, but they’re not quite far enough along that I’m comfortable talking about them yet.

I also have a really crappy poem and a so-so 60 word story up over at Crabby Cows. Stop by, check it out, heckle me only if you feel it absolutely necessary.

Well, I’d love to stay and chat, but I have a party to prepare for. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

8 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger lime said...

really glad to hear that shoulder of yours is healing up well. congrats on the sale too.

and happy birthdsay to your mom! that garden sounds like a WONDERFUL bonus to the house. yum!

headed over to see if the writings are heckle worthy or not...

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Have fun on the water. Your kid is lucky to have such a cool dad. Wakeboard? My back hurts just thinking about it.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

So glad about that shoulder, James.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

heckle away, Lime. :D And I'll pass along the happy birthday.

Thanks, Dana, but it's so much fun you don't really think about the soreness. that said, it usually goes away with in the first couple weeks of the season.

Thank you kindly, Bernita. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever heal. :D

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Southern Writer said...

Glad your shoulder is feeling better. Happy birthday to your mom and congratulations on the house. (waves to James' mom). Has she always been a gardener, or will it be a new hobby? They're addicting. I'm always torn between writing or weeding, so sometimes I write in the garden and weed out my writing.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Southern.

Lol. she's always been a gardner, but this is the first one she has of this size. That sounds like you have quite the system worked out. :D

 
At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.