Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Fey Pirate

I took my son to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. I have to tell you…I liked it…a lot. I laughed, I groaned, I even flinched at a couple of “jump out and get you” scenes.

The storyline flowed with ease, questions were answered, new characters introduced and old characters were re-invented. They managed to tell the whole story and still set themselves up nicely for a third movie.

I will add this to my collection the moment it comes out on DVD. It was just good fun all the way around.



Of course, now I’m faced with the problem of trying to convince my son that there’s no such thing as a good man and a pirate. On the big screen, it looks like a rather romantic notion, but in reality the two things are mutually exclusive. I think I made my point without spoiling his daydreams too terribly much.

11 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous snavy said...

Cool!! I really want to see it!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I think you would really like it. :D

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

I still can't believe I haven't seen part 1. I feel very uncool.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

not uncool, just a little behind, lol. :D

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I wish we could get out to see a movie. Wanna come down to babysit while we enjoy a couple of hours of peace?

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

I didn't take much notice of the first one so doubt I'll watch the second.

Kids liked it though.

:o)

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

I enjoyed most of the movie until the end. I thought if they had cut out the last 5 minutes, if would have been a much better movie. But, hey, I got to see Depp AND Bloom on the big screen, so I ain't complaining!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Sure, Leslie...I'll be right over. :D

Lol, M.E., where's yar sense of adventurrre?

So...you went for the eye-candy, Dana?

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Well, since I'm on a diet, YES, that's the only kind of candy I can have!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, now THAT's funny. :D

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.