Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Taking A Shot At My Wife

We had our company picnic yesterday. It was great fun while it lasted.

The food was catered by Texas Roadhouse. They provided a wonderful assortment of ribs, chicken, jalapeño poppers, baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, and beans.

For entertainment we had horseshoes, crocket, and wait for it…a dunk tank. The list of dunk tank candidates was filled with quite entertaining characters, including my wife. Yes, she braved the cold waters and wild throws of pasty scientists, but it was for a good cause. You see, they charged for the privilege of throwing the balls that would sink the fine volunteers. All the proceeds from the event went to support the Blue Star Mothers organization. I'm quite proud of her for being such a good sport.

Sadly, burgeoning storm clouds rolled in out of nowhere, putting a quick end to the festivities. Though, it wasn’t cancelled before my wife had her day in the cage. She drew a larger line than any of the previous dunkees.

I would love to stay and chat, but I have other writing I need to attend. I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend.

6 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger lime said...

ahh, sounds like great fun and a very worthy cause. sorry the rain cut it short though.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger barefoot_mistress said...

Yay your wife was a good sport...my husband and I used to have to be in the dunk tank every year at the Boys and Girls club where we worked...in the ghetto.....and LOL, we knew that those homie kids were going to get even with us white honkey teachers...LOL (all in fun all in fun)
Have a good weekend James

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

me too, Lime. It was fun til that point though. :D

Right on, Barefoot. Very cool. You have a good weekend too.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Of course she drew a longer line.
Pretty woman and a good sport...

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, you may have a point, Bernita

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Gas dryer maintanence free sex stories feet Digital print m

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.