Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sonic Boom

I submitted 500 words from one of my WIPs to a fun (and educational) little game over at Crabby Cows. Mine is entry #11, stop by and check it out if you have time (be sure to leave a comment :D). As long as your there, read some of the other entries. There are some really good stories up on the site.

In other news, I saw Sonic Youth in concert last night. They gave one helluva a performance. This band has been together since the early 80s and they are still kicking ass! Their stage presence is nothing less than mind boggling. I mean, they were doing everything from playing guitar in the rafters to strumming the strings with a drumstick.

They have a quite interesting history. If you are interested, you can check it out here.

I would love to write more, but I’m having a little trouble thinking this morning. I attribute it to the combination of loud music (mine ears still feel it) and too many libations, but the truth is…I’m old, I stayed up late and I got up early. My brain just doesn’t function well under these conditions.

6 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Old?
You child...

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

My brain doesn't function well under any conditions.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger lime said...

i know that scene! fun site too. thanks.

glad the concert was fun. as long as you're still attending them and they aren't john tesh or andy williams, you're not old.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger snavy said...

Very cool - I'll go check it out.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol, Bernita...I definately feel older than I am today.

Leslie, I beg to differ. :D

Lime, by those standards I may never be old.

I hope you like it, Snavy.

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP film editing classes

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.