Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Movie Review: BloodRayne

I thoroughly enjoyed the video game, BloodRayne. So, when I heard they were turning it into a major motion picture, I have to say I was quite excited. Then when I heard they cast Kristanna Loken (from Terminator 3 fame) in the lead, my interest level stepped up another notch. Throw on top that a cast of characters that include, Michelle Rodriguez, Michael Madsen, Billy Zane, Meat Loaf, and Sir Ben Kingsley, as you can imagine I was damn near giddy with anticipation.

Knowing this one was destined to make my home collection, I resisted the urge to see it in theaters. I was grinning like an eight year old hopped up on Sugar Daddies, when I spotted the cover for BloodRayne prominently displayed in the movie aisle.

I get it home and have to put it on the shelf. As many of you know, my time has been at a premium of late and movie watching is a luxury I just haven’t been able to squeeze in. Finally, I had an extra couple of hours to devote to self-indulgence. I slipped the movie in and kicked back to enjoy the ride.

The story is about a Dhampir (half human-half vampire) hell bent to avenge the murder of her mother, who was killed by…wait for it…her vampire father.

That’s about all the time I’m gonna waste on telling you about the storyline.

It was a let down. The acting was decent, but nothing stellar. The interaction between the characters lacked flow. Way too many scenes felt forced. The lack of chemistry just nearly killed this movie for me. The special effects were pretty good, but weren’t enough to make up for the B-movie quality the film seemed to exude. I’m almost sad to say that the highlight of the movie was getting to see Kristanna’s nipple. That’s right, one nipple and it was the highlight, but again…not enough to save the movie. I had such great hopes for this film and it had the potential to be some the phenomenal, but it feel far short.

It will now be collecting dust until the next time someone around me has a garage sale.

Rating: 1 Star.

7 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Not into movies like that. We do rent quite a lot here--Maybe I'll have to post about some of them. I've really got into indie films lately. Ever watch those?

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I watch some, but not a lot. Usually it's something that catches my eye on either IFC or Sundance channel.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Always sucks when you anticipate something and it lets you down.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Amen to that...

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger lime said...

sandra beat me to it. just so disappointing when a book you love gets done so badly.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

You would think I would know better by now. It's pretty rare that a big screen adaptation actually lives up to the original. I guess I'm just the eternal optimist...

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Sports players coloring pages Cheap zithromax azithromycin body kits for blazer New zealand dance

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.