Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Look, Lime it's new... :D

Tortured Hearts

Spinning, world on tilt
Ebb and flow collide
Stillness…

Laughter, taunting, teasing
The thrill of the chase
The thrill of the catch
Toture of restraint
Pleasure of release
Rapture…

Your love, your hate, your wonder, your eyes
Flashing memories, revisited sensations
The ghost of your touch haunts me
My hands on you, yours on me
Your scent fades, but lingers for eternity
Culmination…

Swaying with the wind
Your smile out of place
Your hand reaching
Mine accepts
You begin to dance
Anticipation…

Planting seeds, sewing oats
Gardens of stone
Grey skies mourn
Averted eyes pretend I’m gone
I live on
Desolate…

The garden grows
No change of heart
You’ve given it to me
It’s in a jar
With the others
On my mantle
Collected…

Spinning, world on tilt
Ebb and flow collide
The cycle is eternal
This is the calm
Before the hunt
Patient…

11 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger lime said...

i love the rhythm of this piece. it really adds to the mood.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

"gardens of stone....before the hunt"
I like this, James.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. I was trying for something a little different here. Sounds like I might have been successful.

Did you notice that the words are formed in the shape of a knife?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, Bernita. I'm glad you liked it.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger lime said...

i noticed the 'point' of each stanza but missed the overall knife shape. it gave the fabulous rhythm though. i really like it!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Wow James! I love this!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Your gonna make me blush, Lime. :D

Thanks, Sandra, Happy to wow you. :D

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger snavy said...

I loved that!! Just wonderful!!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Steph.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Thanks for reading my entry in the crabby cows :) I'm always curious to get a man's perspective.

I like the poem. Sexy, yet haunted and full of pain.

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

No, problem, Shelli. I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the compliments on my poem.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.