Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Kansas City Blues...

We made it back, safe and sound. It was a bittersweet weekend for me. We had a blast, have no doubt about that. We took the grand entertainment tour of Kansas City. We went to Dave & Buster’s, played with the animals at the zoo, caught an Imax movie about the Amazon, and swam ‘til our little hearts were content. Then it happened…I had to watch my son climb into the van with my ex-wife to begin a twenty-day visit with her. This is the longest he will have been away from me since he was born. Of course we did get four hours more with him than we expected on Sunday (she was a little late), but still this will be a long time to not hear his laughter, see his smile, or have him curl up next to me on the couch to watch movies.

Well, enough of that, I don’t want to mess around and upset myself…again. I know he needs to spend time with her too and I’m sure he will have a good time. We’ll just leave it at that.

5 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger lime said...

hugs to you, i know the separation is hard on you. i also know the reunion will be very sweet indeed.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

A wrench and an ache, that.
Time may move slowly, but it will move, James.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

thank you, ladies. As they say...this too shall pass. He'll be back before I know it.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

That's tough James. Good of you to be able to think of his needs, although it hurts.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Sandra. I'm just hoping the time really does go quicker than it did today...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.