Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Fun with Chemicals

I dedicate the following funnies to my wife, who is quite the accomplished chemist.

A chemist walks into a pharmacy and asks the pharmacist, "Do you have any acetylsalicylic acid?"
"You mean aspirin?" asked the pharmacist.
"That's it, I can never remember that word."

A physicist, biologist and a chemist were going to the ocean for the first time.
The physicist saw the ocean and was fascinated by the waves. He said he wanted to do some research on the fluid dynamics of the waves and walked into the ocean. Obviously he was drowned and never returned.
The biologist said he wanted to do research on the flora and fauna inside the ocean and walked inside the ocean. He too, never returned.
The chemist waited for a long time and afterwards, wrote the observation, "The physicist and the biologist are soluble in ocean water".

What quote did Decartes come up with in his organic chemistry class?
I think, therefore I amide.

5 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger lime said...

LOL. the second one is my favorite. it reminds me of my high school chem teacher. he was very adamant about insisting that the wicked witch of the west did not melt, she dissolved.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous videogame easter eggs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, I think I had that same teacher. :D

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger snavy said...

LOL!

And, at Lime too!!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, snavy

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.