Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Counting It Down...

Ah, it’s finally close enough that I can say it without fear of it being just another dream. My son is coming home. I drive up to Kansas City tomorrow afternoon and pick him up. He has been gone since June 4th, visiting his birth-mother. This marks the single longest time we’ve been separated since his birth. I’ve missed him horribly…still miss him, but it’s almost over.

He has had a blast, though. They’ve been to an amusement park six times (as of last count) and they’ve had a slew of other activities to make sure his stay was both enjoyable and memorable. He needed to have this time with my ex, he hasn’t had the opportunity to see her very much since the divorce. I hope it was good for both of them.

When I spoke to him last night, he sounded as if he were ready to come home, despite the tons of fun he’s had on his trip. I guess, “There’s no place like home” works for any age.

I can’t close my eyes without seeing his smile. When I fall asleep, it’s to the sound of his laughter. When I wake up, it’s to the sound of his voice calling for me. The torment of separation is almost over; he’s coming home. I will sleep well tomorrow.

Life is good…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

13 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger lime said...

aww james, he is one adorable little guy. i'm glad he's had fun. i can just imagine the happy scene when he returns though. puts a big smile on my face. thanks for sharing the pic too:D

re: my anklet....the louder they complain the harder i dance around the house. hehehe

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

It will be a wonderful thing. :D

Dance on, Lime. Dance on.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Very handsome young man you have there !

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Breazy. He's the apple of my eye. :D

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Ok, James. That post had me in tears. Devoted you are. Excellent.

:o)

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, Thank you. I do love my son...

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger snavy said...

My eyes filled up too!! You are so sweet!! He's almost home - yay!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

So close, and yet...as they say, so far away. It's almost time though. :D

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

That's so awesome James! I hope you have a great weekend, enjoying having him home again!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Bernita said...

~sniffling~

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Sandra, I will do my best. :D

Thanks, Bernita *passes the tissues*

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Web hosting aliso viejo exercise fitness center Valentine 2b radar detectors 2b cheap oxycontin and prostitution Phone cards sweepstakes Hospital foundation lotteries natural breast enhancement Usb pc headsets Cheap blackjack Free+adware+scan Ford 2007 model year changes homeowners insurance Arizona accutane information Dizziness paxil

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.