Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Together at Last...

Ah, it’s time to put flowers on the table, light the scented candles and uncork a good bottle of wine. My wife’s coming home today. It feels like she’s been gone for an eternity. I guess that’s to be expected when a couple spends as much time together as we do. Anything more than a day or two and I find myself feeling adrift in this big ol’ house of ours.

It could be worse, I suppose; at least I have my son to keep me company. She, on the other hand, has a voice on a phone. I think I have the better end of this particular stick. At least it’s almost over.

She should be well out over the ocean by now, thoughts of fish & chips and cobblestone streets fading away. She has only one last obstacle separating her from my open arms: The hell that is customs.

It’s definitely high time she came home. Her pillow doesn’t smell liker her anymore, although it’s case mysteriously didn’t make into the wash this time around. But then…tonight, it won’t be her pillow that I fall asleep holding. My wife…she’s coming home.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I know I will…



Especially when we get to do this:

9 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Awww.
Why you're a Dear Guy, James.
You value your precious, beautiful wife and don't care who knows it.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger lime said...

oh, now that is the most wonderful post! you two have a great reunion.....lol, i know i don't need to tell you. i am delighted for you both. you're both so blessed to have each other.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Bernita and you're right...I don't care who knows it.

Lime, we will do our best. :D

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

I know your excitement, James. My wife and I have spent most of our marriage living apart during the week, only seeing each other on weekends. And not all of those.

Beautiful pictures, you are a very handsome couple. Enjoy.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Awwww what beautiful pictures ! You are a beautiful couple . Have a terrific weekend !

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger snavy said...

Great pictures!! Have a great weekend! Welcome home Mrs. Goody!!!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you everyone, for the compliments.

Erik, that sucks for you and your wife, is there any chance that will lighten up in the future?

You too, Breazy. Stay out of trouble. :D

I pass along the messge, Steph. :D

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Me stay out of trouble? Not a chance my friend , not a chance! hehe. I wanted to stop and let you know that I went to the movies and saw An American Haunting . I am going to do a review on it on Monday . I hope you and your wife are having a lovely time !

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Cool! I can't wait to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.