Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Running and Playing

Well, things are going to be quiet around here from Thursday until probably Tuesday (maybe even Wednesday). My wife and I are going to Reno, Nevada for her first ever half-marathon. She has been training for months, but she’s still a little nervous about it. I can’t say as I blame her. When I was in the Army, I ran…a lot. It was quite common for us to set out on quaint little ten mile jaunts at a semi-leisurely pace. Having said that, ten miles is the farthest I have ever run. A half-marathon is just over thirteen miles. Oh my, but that is a whole lotta running.

And what will I be doing while my wife is running her little heart out? Well, it is in Reno…I’m sure I will figure something out.

5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger lime said...

best of luck to mrs in her half marathon. it's about 13 miles farther than i'd care to run. hope you guys have a great few days after the race:D

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. We will do our best on the fun part... :D

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Have a great time James!

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ya know...I think we just might. :D Thanks, Sandra.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I hope your wife has a cool day for running. Maybe an umbrella hat is in order.

Good luck to both of you. I hope you have fun!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.