Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Dar-Wednesday

It’s time for another installment of The Darwin Awards.

DARWIN AWARD (19 March 2006, Belize) Benjamin Franklin is said to have flown a kite in a lightning storm, to discover whether lightning is the same as electricity. However, there are certain precautions one must take to avoid electrocution.
Kennon, 26, recently replicated the conditions of Franklin's experiment, sans precautions, while flying a kite for his niece. The string was too short, so he attached a length of thin copper wire...
The copper wire made contact with a high tension line, sending a bolt of "artificial lightning" down the wire.
Kennon's father told the media his son should have known better, as he's an electrician.
Kennon is survived by his parents, six sisters and five brothers.

Lol, I think I fired this electrician a few years ago. It’s been my experience (after working with a slew of them) that they are either quite sharp, exuding confidence or dumber than dirt, leaving me to wonder how they make it through the day. This one apparently didn’t.


6 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger lime said...

he was a friggin electrician???? good lord, james! if you wrote that into a book your editor would send it back to you as too unbelievable.

guess i've been fortunate, the only two electricians i know personalyy are both really bright guys

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger lime said...

btw, ya think i have a future as a perfume saleswoman, copywriter, or marketer? bwahahha, glad you enjoyed ;)

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Your probably right on the unbelievable factor.

Yes, I think you may have missed your calling. :D

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Oh, I needed this. Thanks for the laugh James.

(As the child of an electrician, all I can say is DUH!)

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous snavy said...

I started rolling my eyes at "string to short"... LOL!! I married an electric engineer - I am very afraid!!!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Your welcome, Sandra. I hope all is well now or soon will be.

Snavy, you should be! :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.