Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Blazing Trails

Well, for those of you keeping score at home, I’ve finished the outline for, Hell A, the follow up to, The Dance. This is the first time I’ve written the outline beforehand. I have to say, in this instance, it worked out great. I was able to identify problems with the storyline and correct them with a few sentences, rather than re-writing entire chapters. We’ll just have to see how it works out when I start forming the chapters. If everything falls into place, I may have to do this for all my future works. If not, well…I’ve been flying by the seat of my pants for this long and (I hope) haven’t botched it up too horribly.

In other news, I rode my motorcycle to work this morning. That in itself, isn’t so odd as I ride every chance I get. I wore a helmet. My wife, and now my son, have been hounding the dickens out of me over the issue. I like the wind in my hair, they like the thought of me surviving a crash. It’s a toss up really, but I’ve decided to give it the ol’ college try.

Ok, kids if you’re thinking about taking up cycling, remember…safety first, pumpkin. Wear the damn helmet. Once you get into the habit of not wearing one, it’s hard as hell to get used to wearing one.

6 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger For The Trees said...

The old term was "skid-lid." All THAT brought up was an image of the rider skidding along with feet way up in the air, helmet scooting across the pavement. No idea how that ended up, it was just the image of him scooting along.

Helmets make a LOT of sense. Glad you're wearing one. You got too much brains to be smearing them across the roadside.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger For The Trees said...

It's a nice picture. But do you know you look an awful lot like an old fart named Marlon Brando? But your classic bike is REALLY nice!!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger lime said...

oooooh, i love bikes. they turn my head everytime. i can appreciate the love of wind in your hair but, like your family, i'm rather fond of your brain staying IN your skull. that way it can continue generating great stories and your family gets to enjoy you for a long time.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol, Forrest. Yes, Brando seems to bear a striking resemblence. :D

Thanks, Lime. I'm rather fond of keeping my head intact as well.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

I like helmets with face guards - mainly because I don't like bugs.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, bugs can be a bit of a problem. Especially when they get stuck in your teeth. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.