Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Musings

A friend of mine asked me about this poem over the weekend, so I decided to re-post it. Enjoy!

Mindless Meanderings

I move without motivation.
I am idle though a flurry of activity.
My lack of conformity scares me.
I feel without touch.
I touch without feeling.
My emotions scare me.
I see though I’m blind.
Passion effects perception.
My visions scare me.
I hear all, but listen to nothing.
My callousness scares me.

My tears are almost as poisonous as my laugh.
My fears are unsubstantiated, but then…so are my comforts.
My pain gives me strength, but my pleasure will be the death of me.
My joy should be feared as the calm before the storm.
My reasoning abilities lack the conviction of execution.
My heart is too big for the tiny mind that wants to control it.
My tongue is rough, but smooth enough to change the world.

The rust around my heart will protect me from everything but lightning
And my wife’s breath on my neck
And my wife’s words in my ear
And the song on my son’s lips
And tears on my son’s cheek
And laughter
And sorrow
And birth
And death
And…
My heart is unprotected.

My life will not be wasted dwelling on things I cannot change.
It will be wasted on dream.

8 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger lime said...

that last stanza stops me in my tracks. nicely done

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Lime. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get to post this today. Blogger was being most uncooperative. :D

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Here here.

Blogger was down pretty much universally, for hours.

Naughty blogger.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Bernita said...

The eternal contradictions.
Thank you, James.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Sandra, at least it wasn't just me as i feared. :D

No, no...thank you, Bernita. :D

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger lime said...

blogger was very evil today

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Indeed. It should be spanked. :O

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.