Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Vampires Suck...If you're lucky

I just finished reading The Bitten by L. A. Banks.

L. A. Banks really captures the sensuality of the vampire in this book. Don’t get me wrong, there is still tons of action outside of the bedroom, but sex, love, desire, lust…these are the driving forces behind the storyline. The abundant sex scenes were almost enough to ruin the story, but she manages to maintain a balance between the sex and the struggle of her characters that will keep the reader turning the pages.

She does a fantastic job of forming images of demons and assorted were-creatures. She creates an almost believable world of vampires, demons and the hunters who protect us from them…even if it means slipping over to the dark side to do it.

The forces of Light and Dark square off as a biblical key containing the blood of Christ falls into the hands of a Master Vampire. Damali, the huntress, and her crew of guardians must stop him before he locates the seal and unleashes Armageddon.

Carlos is the man she loves and he is also a council level vampire master. His love for her forces him to betray his dark masters and serve the light. Complications arise when in a fit of passion he turns her into the creature she has dedicated her life to destroying…a vampire.

Will she be forced to lead a life of darkness? We she be able to harness the dark power to save the world? Will the Dark finally overpower the Light? I guess you will have to read the book to find out. All in all, this was a good read.

Rating: 3 stars.


4 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger lime said...

i dunno, james. you may turn me into a fan of the vampire novel yet. hehehe.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol, I'm trying my best...

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger mg said...

You know, I actually considered reading this series... but at first glance, it seemed to be such a rip-off of the Anita Blake novels (Which I love).

I may have to give them further consideration ;)

mg

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I haven't tried the Anita Blake novels yet. They are on my list to do :D, but as such, I can't really tell you of the similarities if they exist.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.