Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Kill 'em all! Let God sort 'em out

We watched Kingdom of Heaven the other night. It wasn’t what I expected…it was better. I knew (yeah, I watched the previews) there would be epic battles, but I figured the movie would put a lot more emphasis on the knights religious devotion and the fact that they fought for Christ. In truth, the opposite seemed to be the case.

This movie provided a wonderful view of the mentalities and turmoil that led to (one instance) the fall of Jerusalem. The story is told primarily from the view of a blacksmith turned murderer turned Baron turned defender of the people. They did a wonderful job of conveying the arrogance and ignorance of the day.

I enjoyed this movie and I think it is worth the rent. I’m glad I didn’t watch it in the theater, but I am glad I watched it.

Rating: 3 Stars




8 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, Blogger lime said...

hhmm, i may need to check it out.

btw, i saw 'walk the line' last weekend. you are right, the singing was most impressive. that and the performances bore up what i thought was a little bit of a weak story. and of course, joaquin was ssssssmolderin' (wink).

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger barefoot_mistress said...

Looks interesting....will have to check it out....

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

I enjoyed it, but I agree about some of the shortcomings - a 3 star rating seems appropriate.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lime, you're so naughty. :D

Most def, Susie. Let me know if you like it.

Sandra, you know what they say about great minds and all that. :D

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Indeed James. As a renter, an excellent choice.

For the theatre, well, not necessary. But still, I enjoyed the movie. Orlando Bloom is eye candy.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

He will always be the elf from LOTR to me, though. During the first battle, I was like: "Come on, just pick up a bow already." :D

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

I was definitely surprised when I rented this. I hear the director's cut is even better. I intend to rent that to see if I like it even more. Besides, one can never see enough of Orlando Bloom. =)

Hmmm..what about Orlando Bloom as the new Robin Hood? About time they did another one of those movies!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

i think you may be on to something there... :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.