Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dar-Wednesday

It’s time for another installment of The Darwin Awards. Man, some weeks I wished I was making this stuff up.

(27 May 2004, Italy) When Peraldo found sticks of old dynamite in an abandoned stable on the hill above his vineyard, he decided to bury the problem. Some might think that burying unstable dynamite would be...unwise. But not Peraldo, a 67-year-old retired entrepreneur, who had been an explosives expert in the army. He had also worked as a licensed "fuochino" in charge of explosives at construction sites prior to his retirement. He knew the ways of things that go boom.

This dynamite had been sitting around for some time, decaying and sweating highly unstable nitroglycerin. Peraldo carefully placed the high explosives in a hole thirty meters away from the stable, and gently covered them with loose earth. Apparently the mound was a little too high to be aesthetically attractive, so Peraldo began patting it down with his hands...

The massive blast rocked the entire town of Chiavenna. Police rushed to the vineyard to investigate. Peraldo was found torn to shreds, but miraculously, still alive and able to explain what had happened before he died from internal injuries.

Il mio Dio. Che l'idiota.

10 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger lime said...

Che l'idiota indeed! those wacky italians, i tell ya! and i am hoping to be every bit as lusty as the granny i posted about too. only i'll be a bit more discreet about it ;)

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

discreet, oh yeah...I think I'm familiar with the term and I can only hope I become more familiar with it as I grow older. :D

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

what is it with the elder Italians today ? hehe just kidding ! Personally if I found dynamite I am going to turn and run as far and fast as I can go but you know how some people are ! hehe

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

You and me both Breazy...

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Ew. I can't imagine what he looked like when they found him. Ew.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Have you ever seen sausage come out of a grinder? I bet that's pretty close...

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger mg said...

I'm just sitting here shaking my head.

...I've got nuthin...

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol, sometimes there just are no words...

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read leather backpacks Cadillac cts 2003 whine 88 toyota corrolla seat covers 941 dvd player samsung

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.