Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Something to See

David Niall Wilson is nothing short of a master of the written word. Check out his other website to check out his impressive list of works. His new book, Deep Blue , is already on my wishlist. Stupid OCD won’t let me start it until I have finished the other two books in my queue, but here is what Publisher’s Weekly had to say about it:

In this engrossing, poetic novel of spiritual evil and the possibility of salvation from Wilson (This Is My Blood), a burned-out musician, Brandt, is playing in an obscure band when he hears a homeless black man, Wally, play the purest blues on the harmonica he has ever heard, music that encapsulates all the pain of the world. Brandt begs Wally to teach him how to play the same way. He disregards Wally's warning that he would have to take the pain into himself, and then play to purge it lest it consume him. Brandt's performance that evening changes the lives of his fellow band members. Together they discover that they can play not to wake the dead but to settle restlessly roaming spirits. Opposing them is a sinister figure masquerading as a man of God, who wishes the pain to go on and on. As Brandt and the other band members slowly and convincingly come to realize that a larger world surrounds them, Wilson demonstrates that a horror novel doesn't need gallons of blood to succeed, that spiritual terror can be even more effective. FYI: Wilson is a past president of the Horror Writers Association and an ordained minister.

He also shows a flair for the lighter side. In preparation for the Winter Games, his piece A Bearer of Bad Shoes is a must. This short story is just great…plain and simple.

Stop by and let him know what you think.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

4 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Indigo said...

Fortunatly for me my OCD is limited to the order I take eggs out of the carton......

.... don't ask

Anyway, this means I can start reading a.s.a.p.


xxx

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

It is good to hear that I am not the only one that has to finish books that I am currently reading before starting a new one no matter how bad I want to start it. I have OCD as well ! Mine stems more to organization and cleanliness but everything in my life has to be organized or I go berserk . I hope you are having a good weekend ! :)

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! pda machines antique slot machine for sale Scrabble jewel case only texas education agency pdas Cod order of phendimetrazine Facilities and equipment of table tennis The first pda trendy swimsuits Safford airfares Bula zyban walkie talkie pda wifi pda 5 minute medical consult software for pda perscription vardenafil drug table pc or pda Dicaprio's penis

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.