Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Saturday with the Goodman Clan

Well, it had to happen sooner or later…my son’s basketball team lost yesterday. It was 14-16. They tried their hardest though. One of our kids caught a rebound with 6 seconds left to go. He drove down the court with several people counting down the seconds. The coach yelled “shoot it!” right before the buzzer went off. The ball hit the backboard, bounced to the rim, rolled in a half arc around the rim, and…fell out. I know they were disappointed but it was a lot more exciting than watching them stomp all over a team like the one they won 20-2.

We met a group of friends out for dinner last night. We went to Shogun Steakhouse. Have any of you ever been to one of these restaurants? They are Japanese Steakhouses that are as entertaining as they are delicious. We had nine people in our party, which just so happens to be the number of chairs they put around each grill. While the chef prepares the meal before your very eyes, he twirls his utensils, throws food in the air and splits them before the hit the grill, and makes marvelous shows of fire and smoke (he built an onion volcano that sputtered to life and poured smoke before he diced it into the rest of the mix). Anyhoo, it was a great experience shared with great people.

Today, I plan to do absolutely nothing and I’m sure it will be everything I knew it could be. Well, almost nothing…I have manicotti (the Mrs. says she prefers mine to any restaurant she has ever ate at) I need to make today, but other than that, it will be a day of relaxing, reading and perhaps a late afternoon movie.

Have a great Sunday.

10 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger lime said...

the game and the steakhouse sound like great fun! we got about 10 inches of snow and it is still coming down. gonna be a schlep around in sweats and catch up on my schoolwork day. enjoy the manicotti! that sounds fabulous too!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

wow, that's alot of snow. We had a couple of flurries yesterday, but we haven't had a really good snow in a couple of years.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

That type of serving style is called Teppanyaki. I like it, but it makes my hair stink, so I rarely go unless I'm in a drinking mood.

I'm still resting...taking breaks from my rest by blogging. Hope hubs doens't catch me.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

what movie?

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

As they say "you can't win them all" . I wish my kids would play basketball but none of them will . I love to go to our local Japanese restaurant . My favorite is watching the show they put on as well . MMMMM .. now I am going to be craving hibachi chicken until I get it ..hehe ! Sounds like alot of fun and enjoy the manicotti , it sounds delicious !

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Dana, you had better get back to the rest and recuperation. :D

M.G. we rented Doom, it was pretty good. easy to follow plot, lots of explosions, lots of action, no need for expending lots of brain power. Just right for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Breazy, yeah...I might have to make Shogun's a once a month treat.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

I've never heard of these shogun steakhouses, but they sound great!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Sorry your kids team lost. :(

I love Shoguns! The food is delicious and it's very entertaining they way they cook it in front of you and do silly things.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Sandra, you must go find one and enjoy the experience.

Thanks, BS.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Free pair of acuvue currency trading Instant activation webhost Cellulite removal system daily cellulite news Time is running out apollo public auction ford fairmont chubby

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.