Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Check Out These Shorts

I would like to take a minute to talk to you about the latest Amazon Short I read last week, The Orffyreus Wheel by David Niall Wilson.

The cost of the story is only 49 cents. Man, you just can’t beat that. I’d pay that much for a story I didn’t like, but as luck would have it, I spent it on one I enjoyed thoroughly. This is part one of the series and it is a must read for anyone who enjoys a good dark thriller.

Heh, I wrote a rather lengthy paragraph, describing the story and my thoughts on it, etc. but you know what? I erased it. For $.49 I think you can afford to form your own opinion. Let me know if you liked it.

While you’re at it, there is another Amazon Short I picked up a while back, but I don’t think I ever posted a review for it. JA Konrath has Four Pack of Jack also for the low low price of 49 cents. They are four stories from his Lt. Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels series. I also recommend that you pick this one up.

Just think…you can have two great stories and own them both for less than a dollar. Amazon Shorts is a great way for the reader to get a taste of a new (or at least to the particular reader) writer’s style before committing to the thirty dollar hardback. Having said that, I would be remiss if I didn’t encourage to pick up books by either of these authors if you find that you enjoy their material.

This concludes today’s pimpage. We now return you to your normally scheduled blog hopping. Have a great day.

3 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Anonymous used car tulsa said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a used car tulsa site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous west new york used car said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my west new york used car site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Financial advisor portsmouth Dynamic air cleaner filterss

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.