Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Rents

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a first. Someone actually requested that I review a rental. True it took me awhile to comply, but I am thrilled by the request. So, without further ado…

Dark Water is another in a grown line of Japanese horror films converted for American audiences. I had great expectations for this movie. It fell short. Don’t get me wrong; it was a decent film and worth watching, but it had the potential to be great.

The premise: Boy meets girl. Girl turns out to be a little off due to abandonment issues. Boy wants to divorce girl, but it doesn’t happen until after they have a daughter. The mother and daughter try to find a decent apartment that they can afford. What they find is apartment 9F. Strange things happen from the beginning of their first visit there. After the move in, the problems get worse. The ghost of a little girl wreaks havoc on their lives, with enough visual stimulation that even my skin crawled. Through the course of the movie, you discover why this little girl becomes a tortured soul, but you don’t realize the solution to her dilemma until the very end. I won’t ruin the ending here, but I have to say…it wasn’t expected.

This movie will keep you guessing and the conservative use of sudden movement is enough to make you jump. Of course, the action will make you feel a little foolish, because when it comes right down to it, this movie isn’t that scary.

I recommend it as a rental, but I won’t be adding this one to my personal collection.

Rating: Three Stars.


Image hosted by Amazon

3 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

I love the blurb 'Even Hitchcock could not have done it better.'

Hyperbole meet reality.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! santa cruz refinance

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! pinnacle barcode scanners wedding bentley cars Wellbutrin maoi Pictures percocet Fun house games The new cars secret tour Suzuki steenn Bound chair exercise wheel http://www.anti-depressants-6.info/buspar-2bpill.html buspar send mezzoforte

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.