Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Monday Musings

At last, my son finally comes home today. He has only been gone a week, but it feels like an eternity. He has been staying with one of his grandmothers that live about two hours from here.

They have a farm and let’s face it, that is just like a magical wonderland to an 8 year old. He gets to play with various animals, go fishing, roam and explore, well…you get the picture.

His grandmother called us yesterday with a rather funny story. She said that he had been moping around the house; you know…dragging his feet and sticking his bottom lip out, that sort of thing. Anyhoo, here is the breakdown of the conversation:

GM: “What’s wrong?”
TG: “Will you take my temperature?”
GM: “Ah, are you coming down with something?”
TG: “Yeah, I think I’m homesick.”

Ah, the things that come from the mouths of babes. I sure do love that little guy.

Well, I had better go get ready as I have quite a drive ahead of me.

6 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

LOL - caught a case of homesickness eh? Glad he's coming home for ya.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

Yeah. Kids. They got a weird way of getting hold of your heart, your home, and your bank account.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

thanks, Brandon. I am too.

Lol! M.G., that is so true, it hurts.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger lime said...

aww bless his little heart. safe travels and i hope the reunion is great!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lime, indeed it was. Back to work today, it seems like I have been off forever.

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.