Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Lost Boy

Does anyone else watch Lost? I have become obsessed with this show. It is dark, twisted, full of mixed signals and downright…yummy. Every time, I think I figure out what’s going on, they switch directions.

My overall take on the show is that they all actually died in the plane crash and the island is just a form of purgatory. Usually when someone dies on the island it is only after they have either a) made peace with their personal demons or b) revealed their dark secrets and rather than regret them, the embrace them. Thus, when they die they are merely moving on to either heaven or hell…or Newark.

The others, now that is where it gets really sketchy. Are they demons or angels or…? They, like Santa, have a list, if you’re not on the list, you’re shit out of luck. They took all the children, but you assume they are still alive. Yet, every adult they drag into the woods, winds up dead.

Then, there is the word creature that rustles the leaves and roars from time to time. What the hell is that all about? I can’t figure out how it comes into play yet.

And we can’t forget about the secret bunker with the button that has to be pushed every 108 minutes. Of course that’s after you enter the code that just so happens to be the exact same numbers that one of the survivors used to win the powerball. The thing is, they were told if the button isn’t pushed it could destroy the world. It is hard to believe for most of the survivors, but no one wants to take the chance that it is true, so they keep pushing the button.

So, does anyone else have any differing opinions about what is going on with the show? Perhaps, similar opinions, but more insights? Feel free to chime in.

Thanks for playing…

12 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Happy Hiker said...

I've only watched that show a handful of times. I do like your purgitory point of view. Hey, if I died, I wouldn't mind spending a couple years on an island before I went somewhere else.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

No idea - never really watched it. My girlfriend does though, she's been sucked in to it.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

I've watched the recap episodes. Dana has parody animated gifs she does on the Bunion site, HERE, but I just put them up. I didn't understand it. I watched last night. Was wondering what the black cloud thingy was. My impression of the show was that people randomly kill each other.

Reading your description of it, it sounds like something I'd write.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Ignore M.G. - she doesn't like any good shows with great twists and hawt characters. (ducks)

I LOVE Lost. Although when they were about to do the whole button thingy, I swore I wouldn't watch anymore if they punched in those numbers. I wanted to see what would happen if they didn't. I was hoping they wouldn't, I was hoping they'd have more sense.

But I'm still watching, as you figured. Can't get enough.

VERY few films/shows these days have me guessing, and Lost is one of those that keep me guessing and I don't want to figure it out because I'm just enjoying the ride so much.

I hope they're not all dead - it would be way too Twilight Zone been-there-done-that knockoff. Though the dudes are hawt-looking enough for me to forgive them if they did.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I watched bits and pieces of it last night at my moms but other than that I don't watch it . I have heard that it is a really good show . Have a good day !

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger snavy said...

I love this show!!! I still don't know what I think about it all. I missed last night and am not too happy about it.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Hiker, yes, I could think of worse ways to spend pergitory.

BS, give in to the temptation.\

MG, as the show develops you realize that there is nothing random about the killings. :D

Dana, even if they're not dead, it is a little twighlight-zonish. But, I bet we watch it until the end anyway. :D

You have a good day too, Breazy.

Snavy, did you miss it because of the illness?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Lucifer said...

TOTALLY OBSESSED!!! Your outlook on it is a whole new view for me.. never thought of it like that.. very interesting!
I missed an episode last night.. very excited to see it after work tonight!!
LOVE LOST!! hehe
HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger lime said...

i've only seen it a few times but my oldest daughter is totally hooked. i am intrigued and may start watchignit more regualrly. she has sort of caught me up a lttle bit. i saw last nights.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lucifer, glad to be of service.

Lime, yes...it won't take long until you are as addicted at the rest of us :D

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger E. Ann Bardawill said...

LOST is amazing.

The new charater, Mr Echo, is astonishingly good. What an amazing character.

Great writing.

And, yes, Sahid is extremely hot.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

i like the Mr. Echo character also, but everytime i see him, i think about his role on OZ. I take your word on Sahid. :D

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.