Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Little Monkey With the Big Heart

I realize that this is a little late, but we actually went to see a movie while we were on vacation and I am just now getting around to telling you about it.

We took the plunge (with the one or two other Americans that haven’t seen it yet, apparently) and watched King Kong. I’ve gotta tell ya…twenty minutes into the movie I was thinking I made a mistake. I should have waited for this to come out on DVD. It started off a little dull and boring slow, but once Skull Island came into view the story broke through the starting gates, galloping through the plot at a breakneck pace.

This movie is around three hours long, but once the action starts, it seems like the credits are rolling before you know it. The special effects were awesome. The acting was better than expected (to be fair, I am a Jack Black fan so this opinion may be heavily biased). All in all, this was a damn good movie.

On the way out of the theater, my wife batted her eyes at me and leaned up to whisper in my ear. I knelt a little to facilitate and what did she have to say?
“You know…Kong kind of reminds me of you, baby.”

I was instantly torn, did she mean that I was ferocious yet caring and tender or did she just think that I needed to shave? Either way, I picked up a razor on the way home. You can’t be too careful about these things.

If you haven’t seen this one yet, I highly recommend you do so.

Update: For a completely different take on the movie, check out Ric's blog.



14 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Blogger lime said...

LOL, great review. i was kinda torn as to whether or not to bother with this one. LOL@ the exchange between you and mrs. goody! love it!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

LOL, I haven't seen it yet. I was probably just going to wait for DVD version. Great review, perhaps I should also take the plunge and see it in the theater.

Did you get all clean shaven?

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

No, I still have the beard, but I did trim it up a bit. :D

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger barefoot_mistress said...

Thanks for the review, havent seen it yet, but I love Jack Black, so its a must!

I must say you look very hairy in your HNT! LOL Just kidding! Happy HNT!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

Is it good for kids? Cause if it's good for kids, I'll make the husband take the kids.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I have not saw this one either and you and I have something in common , we are both Jack Black fans ! Hope you have a good day ! :)

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

It really depends on age and attention span as far as whether it is good for kids. There is a fair amount of violence, but in retrospect probably not anymore than an average day on the cartoon network. I don't recall there being any foul language in the picture or overt sexuality though.

Three hours is a long time for a kid to sit in one place though.

Breazy, Jack Black rocks!!! :D

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Is it a must-see in the theatre, or can it wait for dvd?

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I would say that it could wait for DVD. It was good, but I wouldn't go so far as too call it epic.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Argh, I still haven't seen it. I was nice and let my hubby take my niece to watch it while I stayed home with the kids.

Maybe I should just take my kid and go see it, I'm sure the violence won't damage her too much.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Dana, I bet your kid would enjoy it. That was awfully nice of you letting your niece steal your husband away for the movie first.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Yes, that's me - nice and considerate all the time!

*glances behind to make sure no Bunions are listening*

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol!

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Amortizzation refinance calculator Hospital pay for physician malpractice premium photo galleries speedo men swimsuits nude swimsuit models Instructional video for texas hold em poker sideafexs vardenafil Fuck the girl teen Access highspeed internet Best big game hunting cartridge Khaki woman sweaters 37 inseam pant Camping conection rv store http://www.alfa-romeo-164.info/La_porte_internet_marketing.html Proactiv at first Crucial technology 256 mb compactflash card ct256mbc1 princess cruises Mens lame swimwear merchant account accounts services credit card pro Camo dresses kansas city cooking school

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.