Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Is it Friday yet?

Wow, what a first day back in the office today was. I hit the ground running and barely had time to breath until about ten hours later. You know how work piles up when you take a few days off? Well, I took eleven days off, so you can imagine what I walked into this morning. I had to visit three out of four of my facilities today to make troubleshoot broke equipment and modify complex programming sequences.

Having said all that, I’m still not caught up. I managed to put out the most prominent fires, but it looks like I am going to have a long week ahead of me (Yes, I’m aware that it is only a four day workweek but, I will be damned lucky if it plays out that way).

I know this post is extremely short, but honestly…I just don’t have time to say a whole lot more today. I am hoping to resume my lengthy and boring normal posting by next week, until then remember, “No matter where you go…there you are.”

Peace…

14 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I will pray for you to be able to run a little faster when you hit the ground ! hehe just kidding ! Even though you are busy , I hope all goes well for you and you have a wonderful week !

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger lime said...

oh yikes! here is a tanker/pumper truck and fire hoses for extinguishing what needs to be extinguished. here are some power bars to get you through the day. and here is a good stiff drink and a hot tub all ready for you and mrs. goody when you get home. hang in there!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Oh I hear that, I only had Monday off, but jeez-louise am I busy. Start of the new year in accountingland is always jam packed with work.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

You'll catch up, you're Goody!

This post was cute. :P
Love the quote!!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, everyone. So far, the day hasn't been as tasking as I thought it was going to be. Go figure...

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger snavy said...

Anything you post - long or short - is just fine - as long as you are here!!

How do you make that strike through text??

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ah, you're so kind. :D

you do the strikeout the same way you do the italics, but instead of an i use and s.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I think we may all be glad to get back on 'normal' scheduling - I know I am!

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Goody,
No one's looking forward more to Friday than me. I'm heading to Tulsa for three weeks. Woo hoo!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Kate, you said it. Why is it that we are almost punished for having a good time? :D

Jerry, it will be a big time in T-Town. we are looking at 50s and 60s for the foreseeable future. Is that crazy or what?

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

Hey! Thx for the post on my HNT, sweetie... you not playin'??? Still haven't seen Kong, but want to.
Happy HNT anyway! =)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

No problem, Lil Bit. I will probably play next week or so...

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger snavy said...

Thanks!!

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.