Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hmm, there's something you don't see everyday...

Yesterday, I headed over to my local Supercuts to get a little trim. As I settled into the chair and the clippers buzzed to life, I hear, “Okay, Garth are you ready?”

Nah, the clippers must be playing tricks with my hearing, but sure enough, I look in the mirror and Garth Brooks is getting prepped for a haircut. I have seen him several places around town, but then it is to be expected since one of his houses is not to far from mine. However, Supercuts just didn’t seem like a place that you would run into a mega-star. I guess he really does just consider himself a regular joe like the rest of us.

It was almost comical, watching the ladies swoon over him. It seemed that nearly every stylist in the shop suddenly needed to borrow a comb or clipper guard from the station of the lady cutting his hair. I had to suppress a chuckle as I watched one of them fanning herself in dramatic fashion as she stood with her back to him. I guess she didn’t realize that with the mirrors running down both sides of the shop, she might has well have done it right in front o him.

We spent the evening with friends from work. It was a blast. Great music, better company and freely flowing libations…does it get any better than that? Oh, and I also managed to pimp out my websites several times through out the evening. Never miss an opportunity to reach new readers.

Anyhoo, I am off to play catch up. I hope everyone else had a marvelous weekend as well.

11 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Hey, Goody! I'm doing blog catch-up as well!

Have a great weekend. Hey, when you're published and become the #1 bestselling author on the NYT, you'd better get used to supercut hairdressers swooning over you and asking to borrow your comb!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol! NYT or no, I don't soon a room full of swooning anytime soon. :D

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger lime said...

garth does nuthin for me. i think he should have been excited to be in the same shop as 'the acclaimed author, james goodman.'

i can see you stifling giggles though. would have been funny.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, thanks, Lime.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Well, I admire Garth's talent. Not exactly swoon material, but then I suspect these women were thinking dollar signs.

It is a strange thing to think you'd run into him at Supercuts, but I guess the famous people have hair that grows too!

Even if I was hot, I wouldn't want people swooning at me. Blech. Talk about uncomfortable.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, that could be quite uncomfortable I'm sure.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger JA Konrath said...

Garth got a haircut, huh?

Blame it all on his roots...

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

JA, that was hands down the funniest thing I've read all day.

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Supercuts? Wow. Garth really does have friends in low places.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

or at least low-priced places. :D

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Diagnosis use levitra saab dealer

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.