Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, December 12, 2005

WTF?

Ok, people…what’s the deal with that show Wife Swap? My wife watches it religiously and I gotta tell you, I just don’t see the appeal. Do any of you watch this show?

The basic premise is that they take two supposedly dysfunctional families, trade the wives and in the end, both families will see the error of their ways and magically live happily ever after. I’m going to go ahead and call bullshit on this one.

I mean, does America really believe that two weeks submerged in a family that is the polar opposite of your own will somehow level you out? Maybe, but I don’t see how that would work. I suppose that each family is aware of their problems and are looking for a solution when they sign up for the show, but it seems more likely that they think their family life is ideal and want to encourage other people to join in their insanity.

Anyhoo, since I am probably going to be force fed watch this show for the rest of the season, I should probably try to keep a bit more of an open mind. Nah, I will probably just poke fun at it until it is cancelled.

Well, I would love to expound this post, but Las Vegas is coming on. Now, that’s a show I can get into….

6 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I totally agree with you.

I haven't seen it, but it sounds interesting. Mostly for the simple fact that I'd be sitting the whole time saying, "What a douchebag!"

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, yeah and I get these little dirty looks because at least once every fifteen minutes I say, "Wow! This is the dumbest thing I have ever watched."

:)

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger lime said...

i've seen it a couple times and i just kept thinking, 'what on earth would make anyone want to do this??? are they that desperate to be on tv?'

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger snavy said...

The very concept of wife swap makes me ill!!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

I have watched Wife Swap , however I don't make it a point to watch it . My 13 year old loves it . I think that maybe somewhere in that two weeks somebody might learn something such as , you shouldn't swap wives !

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Maybe they will cancel it soon.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.