Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tic Toc

Not to sound like a scrooge or anything, but I can’t wait for the Christmas season to be over. Yes, I enjoy getting together with family. Yes, I enjoy eating the wonderful potluck dinners and reminiscing about the days of yore. Yes, I absolutely love to see the expression on my son’s face when he comes down the stairs and sees what Santa brought him. Yes, I even enjoy sneaking around after he goes to sleep and setting everything up. Yes, I enjoy nearly every aspect of the holiday.

What’s the problem then? I HATE the fact that I need to wear elbow pads and a hockey mask just to pick up a loaf of bread. It is unreal the way the shopping season turns normally friendly people into a mass of gibbering idiots, bent on running me down with a shopping cart. Those of you who know me, can attest that I am a rather large man and in the right light some have even said that I can be a little intimidating. Yet, for about three weeks a year, no one seems to think twice about ramming me carts, jumping in front of me to yank an item off the shelf (lest I take all twenty of item X before they can wait their turn), or any number of downright offensive behaviors that leave me scratching my head.

I blink my eyes rapidly, my nostrils flare and I envision yanking them off their feet by the hair as they struggle frantically to maintain their grip on that last bottle of Marsala while their feet dangle six inches off the ground.

When did Christmas shopping become an excuse to be rude? Isn’t this the season of giving? Then why don’t these people give me a break and show some manners. Oh well, it’s almost over. I think I will only have to brave the aisles one more time before the big day. Perhaps a bit of mistletoe tied to the back of my belt will send a clear message to the rabid throng that I have had enough.

End of rant…
Have a great day!

6 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Goody,
I am so with you on getting it over with. I have to go to the Super WalMart today to buy one item, envelopes, so that I can finish up my Christmas cards. Lord, give me strength.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Oh I can relate to this post! Your right though... Just when did Christmas become an excuse for people to be rude???

It seems all a bit overboard lately.

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I get an amen? :D

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oops. The Anon was me...

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Goody I completely agree with you . Of course this year has been a bit sad for us because we lost my grandmother and because my hubby , three kids and I have had an evil stomach virus . It just really hasn't felt like Christmas this year . People are loosing the real meaning of the holiday . Now it is all about who can buy more and all that . We only have four days to go then it is over with ! You have a Merry Christmas !

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Breazy, my heart goes out to you and your family. There is never a good time for death, but when it happens at a time when everyone is expected to be joyful and thankful, it can be particularly cruel. Your in my thoughts, hon.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.