Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Saturday Events

Yes, it’s official…my wife is insane. She ran in the Jingle Bell race today. There was still quite a bit of snow and ice on the trail, making the race quite treacherous. She did quite well considering the conditions, but was upset that she only took fourth.

An older racer (I’m guessing the guy was in his sixties) collapsed as he crossed the finish line, banging his face against the cement. That was pretty wild. I rushed to his aide, but by the time I could get there, he already had several people checking on him, including one of Tulsa’s finest. There were a few tense moments when I realized that he remained unconscious, but by the time the EMTs got to him, he seemed to be at least semi-lucid. My thoughts and prayers go out to him.

We dropped my son off with his Mema after the race. He loves to spend the night with her and I have it on pretty good authority that the feeling is mutual. It gave the Mrs. and I a good opportunity to finish up the last of his Christmas shopping. There is still the matter of a few stocking stuffers, but all of his actual presents are officially on hand.

We have experienced one of the first joys of owning a hot tub. After our marathon shopping experience, we thought it would be nice to unwind in the swirling steamy goodness. Sadly, something caused the heaters to kick out some time in the last 24 hours and the water was too cold to be endured. Oh well, best laid plans and all that…

Now, it is time to indulge in a time-honored tradition: The Company Christmas Party. Yes, it is the usually swanky little shindig with an open bar. It is a good time to dress up and cut loose. The company was good enough to hold the party at The Doubletree Downtown and reserve a block of rooms for something they referred to as “Take the elevator home.” I am guessing it has something to do with the open bar.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

If I’m not too hung over busy tomorrow, I will post an update of how the evenings festivities played out.

6 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Oh that stinks about the hot tub! Bummer.

My company's Christmas party this year isn't going to have an open bar. I can't believe it! What a jip! Oh well, have fun at yours.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Hope you have fun !

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger lime said...

runners are a different breed for sure. but 4th place is great! hope that man who idd a face plant is ok.

oh man, night without the kid and the hot tub conks out? that is a cruel irony.

hope the party is a great time though!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ouch my head hurts. Hangovers feel like they are damned near lethal at my age. :) No, posts today. When my head clears, I will try to recall everything that happened.

Thanks for the well wishes. The Hot Tub is back in action as of today and boy do I need it.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

I drove past a jogger running down Memorial Dr., as I was heading to the gym at 6am one morning this week. It was 6 degrees out and slippery. Runners are insane.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, they are. They are definately a breed of their own. :)

Of course, on a day like today, jogging wouldn't be that bad at all. It was down right pleasant.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.