Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Rolling in it...

We had our first snow of the season, but it was a bit of a disappointment. Coming in at a whopping four inches, it was nothing more than powder. It was too dry to make snowballs with or anything. My son and I did manage to get out and make a few snow angels, but that was about the extent of it.

When you were a kid, did you used to love snow days? I did. All the kids in the neighborhood (and it didn’t matter which neighborhood I lived in) would get together and have these epic snowball fights. At times, we even went so far as building little snow fortresses to take defend us against the kids on the next block. Man those were good times. I can remember, on a few occasions, having homemade ice cream (made from only the freshest snow of course).

Now, for the most part, snow days are just a giant pain in the ass, especially when we don’t even get the good snow. I still managed to make it in to work. I considered staying home, but the winter weather stirred up several quasi-minor emergencies at both of my plants. It was nothing dangerous, mind you, but at least one of them required my immediate attention.

Maybe the next time it snows, I will get a chance to build a snowman. Until then, I’m waiting for the sun to wash this disappointment away.

6 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger lime said...

we get a lot of snow days here based on ice or slushy sloppy disgusting mess. not the good snow youcan play in. today we are having our first snow day and it is a foot of actual snow, notice, not slushy wet slop, snow. i havent been out yet to see if it is good snowball snow but it is stuff the kids can play in at least. i am glad for that. at our old house, i walked my son to school. after school i'd wait outside the building armed with snowballs and pelt him as he came out. he'd come out and grab a handfull and pelt me back. all the way home we went back and forth. ppl just knew to avoid the 2 of us. we were careful about crossfire but so were they. hehehe

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lime, the image of that, just puts a big ol' smile on my face.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger snavy said...

You want snow??? C'mere!! OMG is it bad out there!!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Jerry said...

I love Tulsa snowstorms. 2-3 inches and most of it gone in two days. Can't beat it. Except for the Okies on Ice driving in it. That's a bit nerve-wracking. Most of it should be gone this weekend.

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site lexus dealer new york 2002 lexus ls 430 auto bmw part used saab wymiary 300 es lexus spoiler gate opener driveway Clip paintball tournament video lexus gs300-gs430 Zoloft and smoking pot train hangman game lexus rx330 rim

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read film editing classes

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.