Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Rents

We rented several movies over the weekend. However, I am only going to review two of them for now.

The first one we watched was The 40 Year Old Virgin . You know what; I’m not even going to waste my time trying to tell you about this stinker. I didn’t even finish watching it. I made it about an hour and a half before I pulled the plug. Where there some funny parts? Absolutely, but not enough to carry the movie. This thing is over two hours long. I think it is a prime example of why good comedies are historically in the ninety minute range.
Rating: 1 star (and I’m only giving that for the few times it made me laugh).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The second movie was Cinderella Man. This movie was great. It is the story of James J. Braddock--a.k.a. the Cinderella Man, a boxer in the 1930s that rose from the ashes of a destroyed career to become the hero of the working man. This movie will touch your heart whether you are a boxing enthusiast or not. The sacrifices this man made to provide for his family are almost unfathomable. I highly recommend renting this one if you get the chance. It is going into my personal collection.
Rating: 5 stars.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

I am so glad that you done this post on The 40 Year Old Virgin because my husband has wanted to buy it like we do most others movies and for some reason I kept telling him not yet . Thanks Goody !

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Oh I totally agree on 40 year old virgin. Not worth the time at all, like you said though funny parts, but not enough.

I'll have to check out Cinderella Man, I am not a boxing fan so I hadn't really even considered it. Thanks for the review!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger lime said...

i have been wanting to see cinderella man ever since it came out. my 15 yr old saw it with her best friend and they objected very strenuously to me sitting in a different part of the theater when i dropped them off to see it. never mind that i paid for their tickets. i think i am too damned nice sometimes.....

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read film editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.