Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Mid-Afternoon Meanderings

I move without motivation.
I am idle though a flurry of activity.
My lack of conformity scares me.
I feel without touch.
I touch without feeling.
My emotions scare me.
I see though I’m blind.
Passion effects perception.
My visions scare me.
I hear all, but listen to nothing.
My callousness scares me.

My tears are almost as poisonous as my laugh.
My fears are unsubstantiated, but then…so are my comforts.
My pain gives me strength, but my pleasure will be the death of me.
My joy should be feared as the calm before the storm.
My reasoning abilities lack the conviction of execution.
My heart is too big for the tiny mind that wants to control it.
My tongue is rough, but smooth enough to change the world.

The rust around my heart will protect me from everything but lightning
And my wife’s breath on my neck
And my wife’s words in my ear
And the song on my son’s lips
And tears on my son’s cheek
And laughter
And sorrow
And birth
And death
And…
My heart is unprotected.

My life will not be wasted dwelling on things I cannot change.
It will be wasted on dream.

6 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Goody that is beautiful!


Btw.. I am still going to email you a bit about what we deal with reguarding our son , his meds and ADHD . I just haven't had time lately .

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Breazy. and I understand about the lack of time.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger lime said...

being called a 'dreamer' was an insult in my family when i grew up. took a long time to see past that. but i admire the ones who pursue a dream and persevere. i've given up too many.....what are we without them?

beautiful, poignant, revealing words, goody. thank you

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, dreamer is very derogatory among my brood as well. I hope you didn't find the words too revealing. In the first section, I was just trying to provoke thought, not actually reflect any of my true fears. :)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger lime said...

understood......thought provoking is definitely a better word, but it was the last part that struck me most deeply

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, I think it is the most powerful part as well.

But then, I am a dreamer. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.