Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Meme Me, Baby!

Lime just tagged me (ok, she really more or less just suggested that she would like to see my answers) with a meme. It looks fairly interesting so I will give it a go.

Here are the rules:
The first player of this game starts with the topic: five weird habits. People who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says You Are Tagged (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

1. When I go to the grocery store I have to have every stacked in the basket in groups based on the purpose and temperature and when I load them on the conveyer to be scanned they also have to grouped properly.

2. The only time I leave the house in sneakers is when I am working out. I’ve tried to wear them casually, but it makes me feel all…twitchy.

3. When I make a sandwich the contents have to be uniform: Bread, condiment, tomato, cheese, meat, cheese, lettuce, condiment, bread. Dress right dress, sir (military saying)!

4. When I enter a room I have to make a mental note of how many entries/exits are available and how many steps it would take me to get to the closest one.

5. I can’t sit with my back facing a door. For that matter even in a restaurant, I have to sit where the majority of the patrons are within eyesight.

I am not a big fan of tagging people with memes; it just seems unfair to ask someone to do something if they’re really not up for it. So, if you find it interesting, go for it. Just drop me a note in the comments so that I can come read your answers.

12 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger lime said...

thanks for being a good sport! youhav ejust reminded me of more of my own weirdnesses.....the grocery thing.....i am all over that. if i took time to put it on the conveyor belt such that the cashier has everything nicely grouped for packing why the hell is she disegarding it??????? i've also been known to tearfully compliment a bag packer who doe sa really nice job, there are so few of them.....

the sandwiches, yes i get that....when i make PB&J for my son, every single molecule of the top of the bread has to be evenly spread with the Pb on one slice the J on the other. no bits of bread can show through and tere cannot be any ripples. the knife will be clean when I am done spreading....

i get titchy if someone wants my back to face a door. i'm not too crazy about having my back to a window either.

were we separated at birth or something? hehehe


btw, i never knew you had lived in delaware. how long ago?

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

We may well have been seperated at birth. :D

As for Delaware, I was born there, but I haven't lived there since I was a kid. I used to spend at least two weeks a year there (the vast majority of my family lives in or around Delaware), but now I am lucky if I make it that way every other year.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger lime said...

pretty interesting! thanks. btw, i saw the comment at susies blog...we share the toe thing too....too weird! lol

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Now, your just starting to creep me out. :D lol, just kidding. We do seem to have quite a bit in common.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Ariella said...

wow,
you two have some stuff!
lol
I am afraid we are not going to be nearly as interesting.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

My husband used to work in Delaware. In Wilmington.
Okay, Meme. Maybe. Unless I can come up with something else to post tomorrow. Five weird habits...
hmmm...
James, I have a secret:

I'm boring.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

LOL! I thought I was the only person in the world who organized their purchases at the grocery store according to temp, uses and all that . My hubby also does #5 . It doesn't matter where we are even at home I can't put a piece of furniture with the back to the door or he will move it . Have a good day !

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Ariella, I am sure it will be entertaining either way.

MG, that is just further proof that it is indeed a small world. And you're a blogger...how boring can you be? :D

Breazy, it looks like there are several of us that share the OCD at the grocery store. You have a good day too.

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Bernita said...

Exits, no back to the door/window, etc/ groceries.
Yup.
It means something.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yes, it means that I am one neurosis from being certifiable. :)

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. video editing schools

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.