Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Do you want to play with me?

Ah…I have written the end, but is the book really complete? No, of course it isn’t. Now I need to get it into the hands of Beta Readers. Do you have what it takes to cast a beady eye over this book? I need people that won’t treat the work with kid gloves. I want to have the weaknesses revealed and the mistakes pointed out. Said Beta reader has the opportunity to tear this story apart. So, go nuts! All kidding aside, if something doesn’t work, I need to know so that I can fix it.

Does this sound like something that would interest you? If so, then let me know. You can email me at jgoodman@goodysworld.com or just let me know in the comments section.

Thanks for playing...

6 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I've probably got room for you in my 'Rob Reads' sub-Blog. Whatcha got?

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger snavy said...

I'll help!! I have already read the whole thing once and can now look at it from an editing stand-point without getting wrapped up in the story.

Let me know. What editing format do you use? I feel comfortable with the Chicago Manual of Style but it really doesn't matter.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Rob, I don't have any of them published yet. My first one comes out in the first quarter of 2006. I will sure let you know when that happens.

Snavy, glad to have your help and the Chicago Manual of Style will do nicely.

Thanks,
James

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Goody I am huge fan of your writings but I don't feel that I am in a position to give you advice on your pieces . I don't have a writers eye , so to speak . Now if you need some compliments I can go on and on with that ! Anyways , I am off to read the last chapter , I have been very busy today and haven't had a chance to get online ! :)

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I appreciate your honesty, Breazy. Beta Reading isn't for everyone. The important thing is that I think you really enjoyed the story. I hope you like the ending.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger lime said...

i'm sorry that i only met you about chapter 45 or so, so i did not read since i was coming in that far into the story. it sounds like an interesting proposal.......i could also offer services as a vampire model, you've seenmy work, lol. j/k

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.