Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Another sunny day in paradise...

It was a brisk morning at Mohawk Park. I checked the temperature right as we left the house and it was a balmy 41 degrees. That, my friend, makes for a great morning to have a run. Yes, today my wife took on the Turkey Trot. It is a 10K race, weaving it’s way through a scenic route. Notice that I said my wife. I haven’t participated in many races this year and I don’t intend to start now that it is face-numbingly cold. My wife is either very dedicated or a whole lot of crazy. Perhaps, it’s a little of both. All kidding aside, I admire her tenacity. She looks at running the way I do writing. It’s become and obsession. A day without it, leaves us feeling a little unfulfilled. We feel guilt for the wasted opportunity.

She ran like a gazelle being chased by a lioness. If she keeps improving at this rate, it wouldn’t surprise me to see her start placing in opens. It is enough to boggle the mind. Proud doesn’t even come close to capturing the feeling I have for her accomplishments. She finished the race in just barely over 53 minutes. It was unbelievable, a personal best.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Our friend, Kim, also braved the cold. She came in at an hour and four minutes. What a trooper.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I would like to send out a resounding “Yay!” for both ladies. Good job to you both.

Luckily, we had the hot tub for them to soothe their aching muscles in now. I knew there was a reason I put that thing in. : D

Anyhoo, I will keep this short (yes, I am thinking about those wasted opportunities) and turn my attention back to working on The Dance. I would really like to finish this story by the end of the year.

I hope everyone is having a marvelous weekend.

5 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Jerry said...

Congrats to the ladies! It is a beautiful day in T-Town, indeed. I have to finish packing and head back to frozen corn country tonight. But I'll be back in a mere two weeks to work on year-end stuff. Take care now.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Jerry. I don't envy you the journey into the frozen north. It gets could enough here. :). He you might want to check out one of your fellow Indiana Bloggers if you get time. Her name is Robin Grantham. You can see her site at http://bellibean.blogspot.com/

Try to stay warm and have a safe journey.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger lime said...

well done! congrats onthe great race results! i am quite sure they were most appreciative of that spa after the race!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Breazy said...

Wow ! I don't even know your wife and I am proud of her . She has jumped in to the races like a pro and she is doing amazingly well ! YAY! for her and her friend . Hope you have a good weekend . :)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, ladies. I will pass your kind words on to my wife and friend.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.