Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Zoo and the Soul

It’s race day, ladies and gentlemen. My wife is about to partake in her first 10K. It is at the Tulsa Zoo, an absolutely wonderful course to run and I am sure she will do great. My son has no idea that we are going to the zoo. Oh, how I love surprises.

Before I go, I thought I would leave you with something I resurrected from my archives:

The Mirror

On a still day, in the heat of the sun, I found myself trekking through the woods. The trees gave way abruptly to expose a small pond. Its waters looked cool and inviting. My throat was parched from the dust of the day, so I approached the bank with the intention of quenching my thirst.

As I knelt before the cool blue waters, with my hand extended, I caught the image of my face staring back at me. My attention came to rest upon my eyes. It was then that I realized that just as the pond held a reflection of my face, my eyes held a reflection of my soul.

The image staring back at me, began to take on my true form. It showed me what kind of man I really was. Did I like what I saw? Would you like what your reflection revealed to you?

6 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

The Mirror reminded me of a comment that I heard somewhere several years ago and I haven't let go of it yet . It is "it isn't having what you want , it is wanting what you have that is important". I don't know why it reminded me of that but it did. Another beautiful piece Goody ! YAY for Mrs. Goody ! I wish her all the luck for today and I hope your son enjoys his surprise !:)

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Breazy. My son was surprised and had a wonderful time. My wife beat the time she anticipated, but didn't place in the top three. She was dissappointed, but I am still quite proud of her.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Wow ! To me just being in the run is a something to be proud of . I am glad you all had a good time ! :)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger lime said...

Just that she finished and beat the time she hoped to beat is marvelous. kudos! so glad the son had a great time. very thought provoking post too. there are days....and then there are days.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, lime. I agree and she found out later that she place 14th out of like fifty or something so that made her feel a little better. :)

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.