Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Goodysworld Goes Public

Where do I begin? Saturday was a very eventful day. It was a day of racing and revelry. My wife and our friend Kim both beat their personal best times in the Red Ribbon Run, despite the fact that it was “Oh my god” cold out there. My wife took second place in her age group and Kim took third. I am as proud as can be of both of them.

After the race, we went to check out my mom’s new house. It is very nice and much roomier than the one she had before. We had the pleasant surprise of arriving while my grandmother was there, so we were able to spend a little time with both of them. I don’t get to visit with either one of them as much as I should. It’s not like they live in another state, but the live just far enough that with our crazy schedules, just dropping by to say hi, isn’t really an option.

Last night was the big event at Oktoberfest. You may or may not remember that I had T-shirts made up to advertise my websites in preparation of the release of Drums of the Nunne’hi. As luck with have it, life got in the way with some of the team members and only three of us were able to attend. We had a blast, though. It was a crazy night for dealing with the extremely intoxicated. My wife found a groupie in the crowd. No, it is not what you might think; her groupie was a girl. She had a young lady that kept coming to her to be served and continually tried to slip my wife tip money. We aren’t supposed to take tips, which my wife told her but she insisted. Oddly enough, I am totally alright with my wife having a female groupie. : D

The T-shirts did generate a fair amount of interest, though I am not sure how much of it was for my writing and how much was for patrons to come up with interesting answers to the slogan on the back of the shirt (What’s your fantasy?). Drunk women seem to have some very…very vivid imaginations. Ah, such is life. All in all, I would say it was a success. I can’t wait to do it again next year.

How is everyone else’s weekend going?

10 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger lime said...

sounds like a fun weekend on all accounts for you and yours. glad to hear it! my oldest daughter has worked nascar races locally and has some stories to tell about highly intoxicated patrons too.....i bet you could swap stories, hahaha.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Lol! We probably could at that.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger snavy said...

Congrats Mrs. Goody on the race!! That's great!!

Octoberfest sounds like so much fun! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Where is the picture of you wearing the tee shirt??

I want one btw! And an autographed copy of the book when it comes out! :D

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Doh! I didn't take a single picture. I will try to get a picture of it this afternoon when I get home.

As for you having one...to paraphrase The hottie elf on Lord of the Rings, "If you want it, come and get it!" lol.

Just kidding, I have a few set aside here, shoot me an e-mail with the particulars and I will see what we can work out.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Congrats! That sounds like it was a great time. Good for Goody and Co. :)

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

YAY! Way to go Mrs. Goody! It is good to hear that you had a great weekend . We had a fun but busy weekend . I am so ready for the winter because I am trying to decrease my schedule a bit so that I have more time at home . Some days I only sleep here it seems ! LOL! I hope you have a great week!:)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, guys! I think I need a day off to recover from my days off now, though. :)

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

I wish I could have been a walking billboard for your book. I sure do miss you and the family. Hope all this gets you a lot of exposure for your book and website.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks, Leslie. I wish you could have been too! :) We miss you guys as well.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site cartoon sex Modafinil long term study running Free 8th street latinas pictures Problems with cybersitter 2002 Asthma attack and response Blue bmw tooth x3 Children old fashioned toys Charles barker infiniti Tooth whitening rochester Pointed boots Mastectomy on breast implants golf clubs Duy xenical in israel Rock island lasik Cannon a300 digital camera medical insurance in florida Lesbian girls nude cheap dvd player

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.