Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Weekend Recap

Friday night, my cousin and his family came over for a little cookout. It will be the last we share for awhile as they are moving to Houston. Yeah, there seems to be a lot of that going on right now, but they aren’t being forcibly relocated. My cousin found a new job and they made him such a sweet offer, he couldn’t resist.

After dinner we played a few games of Scene It. The first one my cousin just smoked us all before we had a chance to warm up with the questions. The second one was much closer, finding us all rather evenly matched.

I hate to see them go, but I am glad that they have this opportunity to make a better life for their family. They will be missed.

My son spent the night with his Mema on Saturday, so we met a group of friends out for dinner. We quickly found ourselves sipping Bahama Mamas and gorging on some damn fine seafood at Red Lobster. I couldn’t believe how quick the time flew. By the time it was all said and done, we had more than a two hour dinner. With good food and good company, it is easy to loose track of time. I can’t wait until we do it again.

Sunday found us doing very little. We had intended to spend that day at the lake, but as luck would have it…it rained all day. Not to let a little rain, dampen a holiday weekend, we rented some movies and settled in for a little cozy family time. If I get time, I will post a review of the rentals later this week. We rented three movies; two were good and one received a solid meh across the board.

Yes, we actually made it to the lake this weekend and no, it didn’t cost as quite an arm and a leg. By Monday, the lake scene wasn’t near as chaotic as it’s been in prior years. I guess the only benefit of the OH MY GOD high gas prices, was virtual free reign on the water.

We did a little fishing and a whole lot of wakeboarding. My son zipped out his first Raley on his second time with the board. Well, it would have been a Raley, if it hadn’t been the result of a vicious face-plant into the side of a wake. My wife did really well. I think that by next summer she will be ready to learn a few new tricks. It’s hard to believe she has only been doing this for two summers (actually, we only had the wakeboard about two months of last summer). I tried my luck with some hands-free (where you get up some speed and drop the rope) tricks, but it didn’t really work out for me. The most I could manage were a few 360s. Everything else resulted in large amounts of water being consumed.

All and all, I would say it wasn’t a bad way to spend the holiday weekend. Did anyone else do anything exciting?

6 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

The highlight of my weekend was spent with my cousin playing Scene It? and drinking some pretty good vino.

Hey, you did ask if anyone did anything exciting...

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Hey Goody ! Sounds like you had a great weekend . I went camping with my family and we had a blast ! My daughter played her fiddle with some people who play music every Sat. night in the campground and we all cooked and ate together . It was a really wonderful time . I am so glad that we chose to keep the RV in that campground because the people there are awesome . Anyways, that is how my weekend went . :)

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger bsoholic said...

Sounds like you had a stellar weekend! I had fun myself, didn't do a whole lot. But still fun!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Leslie, that was a good time indeed.

Breazy, sounds like you had an awesome weekend. I'm thinking that you made memories out there that will follow your daughter into adulthood.

BS, it was a fine weekend, indeed. Sometimes not doing a whole lot can be the best way to spend a good weekend. It reminds me of that scene from Office Space: I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it would be.

I may have quoted that wrong but you get the gist... :)

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
alfa romeo 8c competizone diazepam without prescrition 1963 alfa romeo giulia alfa romeo car parts Yahoo parental guide control block.com http://www.public-auction-ford-fairmont.info/alfaromeoownersclub.html Changing antidepressants alfa romeo usato milano alternative heat-source tax credit alfa romeo car parts Wedding invitations inexpensive Eeyore stationery Lingerie fashion pictures furnace humidifier best antispam program for win xp Ford expedition floor mats alfa ferrari romeo

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.