Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Monday, September 19, 2005

She's Home...

At long last, my wife is home. She had a good time, made a few new friends and managed to get a lot accomplished in the nine days that she was gone. All in all, I hear that the trip was a success.

I would like to given a giant “guten tag!” to any new readers that may have been introduced to my blog by her visit. To Dana Weiss I would like to say: Heißen Sie Willkommen zu meinem Blog. Vielen Dank fühlt zum Machen meiner Ehefrau so zu Hause.


Anyhoo, I am glad she’s back and hope to be back into at least a semblance of a routine soon. I am sure it will take a day or two for her to recuperate after so much time on the road.

Oh, and for those of you keeping track, Oktoberfest was a wash, literally. It rained with enough enthusiasm that my wife decided to stay only long enough to partake of ein bier and call it good. She came, she saw, she drank one beer; I think that qualifies as having been to the world’s largest festival for…er, beer.

I may have some pictures to post for your enjoyment, but I will have to get back to you on that.

I hope everyone has a marvelous Monday.

10 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger snavy said...

Welcome home Mrs. Goody!!!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks Snavy, I know I'm glad to see her.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

It is good to hear that Mrs. Goody had a safe trip home and that she got to partake in the Oktoberfest ! Hope y'all have a good day.:)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger lime said...

Thanks for the welcome to the blogoshpere a few days back and for the link. Glad the Mrs. is home safe and sound. Giggling at imbibing a single beer. It's about what I would do myself.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Yeah, I don't see myself standing around in the rain either. :)

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Hi James! Many greetings to Shelly!!! Yes, we had a good time together and understood each other very well. It was quite funny, when at a business dinner, we all talked about our students jobs (I worked among others long time in a book store and am a reading maniac)and I was asked which stuff I preferably read (e.g. mystic, horror...), and some time later, Shelly said almos shyly, "oh here is the business card of my husband, he writes black phantasy stories". That is really cool. Go on like that! I read already all your chapters of the dance and am waiting in suspense for the coming ones. The turn with the love goddess conjured up by Dr. Pearlman surprised me and was a good idea! Do you know Kim Wilkins? I like her extremely. She has a forum where people can also post stories or links to their stories (see contact and community under http://www.kimwilkins.com/), was a singer in a gothic band and teaches creative writing in a Universitxy in Australia (she is presently doing her PHD in English literature there). She is very nice and answers also to questions in the forum as well as via private emails. Some of the books are only available in UK or directly in Australia (see infos about her Australian book dealer on her home). The best ones are "fallen angel", "giants of the frost", "resurrectionists" and "infernal". The newest one (Rosa and the veil of gold, original title snow witch) is on the way to me since two weeks...P.S. You would probably also like "Waking the moon" and "black light" of Elizabeth Hand, available in USA. Those are all fovourites of mine. And naturally, I am waiting for your books to be published. Byebye!!! Dana

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Hi Dana, I am glad that you are enjoying the story. I will check out the Kim Wilking and thanks for the tips on the other books. I love to read, probably as much if not more than I love to write.

Perhaps on Shelly's next visit she can arrange for me to sign a book (my latest should be out by then)for you. :)

 
At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be cool!!!

Many greetings!

Dana

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Right on! and many greetings to you as well. :)

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Wheel and tire wholesale Mini adirondeck chair Buspar la cultural inca The100 kitchens Diets that lower your cholesterol autumn wedding flower 2006 honda odyssey rewiews Quit smoking hypnotherapy in aberdeen washington Celexa and menstration 220 1 adipex

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.