Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sinfully yours...

It was a dark night; the kind of dark the seeps under your skin and crawls toward your lungs. I toyed with the lights on my beater, but the darkness refused to budge. I was keeping it under the speed limit, anything less could get you noticed. In a town like this, it doesn’t pay to get noticed. Besides, I had more important business to worry about. I was on a mission. Word on the street was that there was something different out there. Something that was new and old all at once. Something dark and twisted, but if you scratched the surface you could still see the beauty that lay underneath. I was going to get it. I was going to make it mine and when I did…they were going to make me pay. I paid and paid gladly, flopping down a whopping $19.94. That’s just chump change if it give a chump like me the opportunity to own the Frank Miller classic: Sin City.

I can’t say enough good things about this movie. It is shot in black and white, but they have elected to color to highlight important objects in a given scene, eye-color, hair color, blood, disease, etc. The overall effect is that you still have the same flash image feel that you would have if you were reading one of his graphic novels.

Sin City is a must see. Rent it, own it, watch it, love it and watch it again.

15 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Several people that I know bought this movie and they loved it and now after reading your post I am going to have to borrow or rent it to check it out ! :)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I think you'll be happy you did.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Masha said...

They really picked a great cast for that movie

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Oh, yeah. It's almost as if Frank Miller could see into the future when he created the characters, because they did an excellent job bringing them to life (or at least life-like.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger snavy said...

I'm going to netflix right now to rent this!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Cool, enjoy...

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I'm the only person on Earth and Pluto who hasn't seen it. Just smack me around already. What are you waiting for?!

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

We've had it since the day it came out in theatres. But that's the beauty in P2P file-sharing.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Jenn, alright brace yourself, he says, breaking out a sack of wet noodles.

Leslie,
P2P...I am too afraid of getting caught to try it.

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous used car watertown new york said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a used car watertown new york site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous used car tulsa oklahoma said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a used car tulsa oklahoma
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
soft for windows software,news mobile ,games
http://spdimon.info

Bye

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Mac OS X software,news mobile ,games
http://italiagame.org

G'night

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it video editing schools

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.