Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Love is in the air...

I have a question for you and I want you to be honest. Does this blog make me look fat?
Ok, now that we have that out of the way, let’s move on to more pressing business. My wedding anniversary is coming up this weekend. We have a nice dinner at a swanky restaurant planned and of course, an entire weekend full of romance and celebration of the love we have for each other.

It amazes me that she still looks at me with that look. You know the one I’m talking about; the look that makes me want to drop whatever I’m doing and just pull her into my arms. I am not sure what I did to deserve her, but I am glad I did it.

It hasn’t always been wine and roses. I have had to comfort her and she me, but never from something caused by our own actions. The world may throw us a few sliders, but we haven’t tossed any at each other. I can’t imagine a world that I would say or do anything that would make her cry. I can’t imagine a world were she would do anything to make me cry. Do we get on each other’s nerves from time to time? Of course, we do, we are still human, undying love not withstanding. But we talk about what’s bugging us, before it festers and grows into something…unnecessary.

I love her. I mean I really love her. It is as strong an emotion as it was when I married her. She is my perfect match. She is strong when I am weak, she is sane when I am emotional and like all cycles, the same could be said when the roles are reversed. She shares my…actually, that isn’t the way I should put it. Our future, our goals our dreams are shared by each other. We don’t know exactly what the future will bring, but we know that we want to face it together. Good or bad we got each other’s backs as the saying goes.

My son loves her too. She never intended to be a mother, but I have to say she has taken to it better than anyone could have hoped. The argue like brother and sister sometimes, but you can tell by looking at them, that they love each other. I think know that they have been a positive influence on each other’s lives. I know everyone always hears about the wicked step parents, but you know what…she isn’t one of them. She adores him like he was her own.

I can’t wait to see what the next four years bring for us. I love you, Baby. I always have (picture that last bit said with a Scottish accent) and I always will.

5 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you two!! I had a feeling she would be "the one" when you introduced us. You could not have married a more awesome person. And it does help that your two look PERFECT together. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary celebration this weekend. Give your wife lots of lovin', if you know what I mean. Hee hee!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thanks. I had a feeling she was "the one" early on as well. Just something about the way we mesh, it's like we were meant to find one another.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Breazy said...

Happy Anniversary Goody ! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thank you, I am sure it will be great. How could it not?

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.