Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Look...it's a contest

Ok, people…it’s contest time! I mentioned a few posts ago that I was having a batch of T-shirts made up as a promotional tool. What…you don’t remember? Shame on you.

Well, a group of friends and I have signed up to work one of the beer tents at Oktoberfest again this year. Since there will be thousands upon thousands of people in attendance, I thought it might be a good opportunity for a little exposure. One person wearing a T-shirt with the name of my website on it may easily go unnoticed, but to have an entire crew of people wearing the logo…yeah, I am thinking at the very least it should draw a little interest. The T-shirts will have Goodysworld.com on the front and a catchy quote on the back. They will be made in a variety of color combinations and sizes.

“Hey, didn’t you mention something about a contest? Hurry up and get to the point, will ya?” Ok, ok…keep your pants on; I’m getting to it.

Here’s the deal. We have been tossing around a few ideas about what the catchy quote on the back should be and had (I hope) a wonderful idea. I am turning it over to you, the reader. The person whose quote I use will receive a free T-shirt.

Remember, the quote should be something that would entice someone to checkout the website and hopefully want to read one of my books. Not familiar with any of my books? Perhaps a visit to my website is in order. There are excerpts from the first two books in my Plains series as well as a few poems and short stories. Read them over and give me your best shot. Oh and for the record, “Keeping it Dark, yo!” and “I’m takin’ what you’re given, ‘cause I’m suckin’ for a living.” Have both already been suggested and declined. Yes, I had a preliminary first round locally before opening the competition up to everyone.

The quote can only be one sentence long. Keep in mind, that this will be written on someone’s back, so don’t get crazy on the length of the one sentence. It can be funny, serious, whatever it takes to spark interest.

The contest will be open for submissions until Friday September 9th, 2005 and the winner will be announced the following Monday.


Good luck and thanks for playing!

6 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Wish we could be there to be walking billboards for you. This move has its downers, sorry.

So, how about...

Goody's World will do your imagination a world of good.

Just a thought.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Not too shabby! and yes there will be some definate drawbacks to moving away. :(

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger JohnH985 said...

How about....

"Don't be afraid to visit Goody's World!"

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

That's pretty good, John.

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! hp cartridge cross reference guide Tacoma drive data recovery warranty xerox copy cartridge 113r161

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.