Rants, Raves, & Random Thoughts

Shameless self-promotion of my writing skills or lack there of.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Friends and Family

We had a lovely evening with Rob, Amy and my brother yesterday. We went to the sign in party for Oktoberfest. We are officially signed up to work one of the beer tents on Saturday October 22, 2005. If you recall, my wife and I had a blast at last year’s festivities.

My book should be released by then. Hmm, thousands of people will be in attendance...sounds like an opportunity to promote my book. I am having shirts made up with WWW.GOODYSWORLD.COM on them, along with a pithy slogan (TBD). That (as most of you know) is my personal website. It will have all of the information on where they can buy my book, what it’s about, etc…I will have to let you know how it turns out.

After we signed up (and enjoyed a few of the free beers that were served), we made a trip over to the Fox & Hound for dinner. It had rained for most of the afternoon, and the temperature had dropped into the low 80s. Yeah, after being in the 100s that makes for a nice night, so we sat out on the patio. Much to our surprise, Rob treated us to our dinner. It was a really nice thing for him to do and totally unexpected.

It was a great end to an interesting week. I just read back through your posts and I didn’t see anything that looked even remotely intersesting. Yeah, some things you just can’t put out in cyberspace and some things you just don’t want to. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

So if I show up at your tent, will I get free beer? Just kidding, I don't even like beer. YUCK! But will there be a wine tent? Hee hee!

Great idea with the shirts. People will become familiar with your writing by going to your personal website as well as you promoting your book.

Question: When are you going to put the Plains series up for publication? When you're completely done with all three books? I'm rather excited about those because it is a trilogy, and I know you've worked so long and hard on those.

Hell, I'm excited about seeing any of your writing in print. I'm so proud of you! I know your publisher isn't the most famous publishing house, but with promotion and word-of-mouth I'm sure you'll get offers to publish more later from the popular ones. You are very talented. If someone else doesn't offer another book deal to you soon they'd have to be completely bonkers!

I've only been to one Oktoberfest and I was underage at the time. I ended up being designated driver for my friend, his sister and her girlfriend. It was fun though, to see drunk people standing on picnic tables doing the 'chicken' dance. Hee hee!

Maybe we'll get out there (Riverparks again?) and sport one of your t-shirts as walking billboards. I'd be happy to do that for you. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help promote your book. Let me know where I can tell people to go and buy it. I'll even do a post on it for you, when the time comes, and include a picture of the cover. That ought to help. I'm just so excited for you! This is great!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I am sure they sell wine there as well. I appreciate your support Leslie. and any help that you can give to promote the book will be great! :)

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Do you have a pic of what the cover will look like? Or is that a surprise? Just tell me the release date, email me a pic of the cover, and I'll do one badass post about your book so my readers might buy it. Do you know if it'll be offered on Amazon or BN websites?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger James Goodman said...

I haven't seen the final for the cover yet. I believe it will be offered on Amazon and BN, but I will have to get back to you on that. I will let you know the minute I do. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Unclaimed Money Search - It is estimated that 9 out of 10 people are owed unclaimed government money and don't even know it! Find out how much you're owed with our free trial search.